Confirmed, Bette Midler to Co-Produce 'Priscilla, Queen of the Desert' Broadway
Veteran entertainer Bette Midler has signed on to co-produce quirky Broadway-bound stage musical "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert". The zany stage show, adapted from 1994 comedy "The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" - about a trio of drag queens traveling across the Australian outback, began a pre-Broadway engagement in Toronto, Canada on Tuesday, October 12.
And producers have brought Midler on board as they perfect the show for previews in the Big Apple next spring. Producer James L. Nederlander confirms, "We are thrilled that she wants to join us on the bus for this magnificent adventure."
The production, written by Stephan Elliott and Allan Scott - and directed by Simon Phillips, is scheduled to make its official Broadway debut on March 20, 2011. Midler made her Broadway debut in "Fiddler on the Roof" in 1966, and has since returned for several productions, most recently 2002's "Short Talks on the Universe".
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group
- Artist of the Week: DJ Snake
- Idris Elba Confirms He Is Done Filming His Part in 'The Dark Tower'
- Kylie Jenner Gets Banned From Entering Club Where Tyga Performs. Here's Why
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' Actor Johnathon Schaech Wants to Be the Next Wolverine