Confirmed, Bette Midler to Co-Produce 'Priscilla, Queen of the Desert' Broadway
Veteran entertainer Bette Midler has signed on to co-produce quirky Broadway-bound stage musical "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert". The zany stage show, adapted from 1994 comedy "The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" - about a trio of drag queens traveling across the Australian outback, began a pre-Broadway engagement in Toronto, Canada on Tuesday, October 12.
And producers have brought Midler on board as they perfect the show for previews in the Big Apple next spring. Producer James L. Nederlander confirms, "We are thrilled that she wants to join us on the bus for this magnificent adventure."
The production, written by Stephan Elliott and Allan Scott - and directed by Simon Phillips, is scheduled to make its official Broadway debut on March 20, 2011. Midler made her Broadway debut in "Fiddler on the Roof" in 1966, and has since returned for several productions, most recently 2002's "Short Talks on the Universe".
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences