Confirmed, Bette Midler to Co-Produce 'Priscilla, Queen of the Desert' Broadway
Veteran entertainer Bette Midler has signed on to co-produce quirky Broadway-bound stage musical "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert". The zany stage show, adapted from 1994 comedy "The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" - about a trio of drag queens traveling across the Australian outback, began a pre-Broadway engagement in Toronto, Canada on Tuesday, October 12.
And producers have brought Midler on board as they perfect the show for previews in the Big Apple next spring. Producer James L. Nederlander confirms, "We are thrilled that she wants to join us on the bus for this magnificent adventure."
The production, written by Stephan Elliott and Allan Scott - and directed by Simon Phillips, is scheduled to make its official Broadway debut on March 20, 2011. Midler made her Broadway debut in "Fiddler on the Roof" in 1966, and has since returned for several productions, most recently 2002's "Short Talks on the Universe".
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'