Confirmed, Bette Midler to Co-Produce 'Priscilla, Queen of the Desert' Broadway
Veteran entertainer Bette Midler has signed on to co-produce quirky Broadway-bound stage musical "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert". The zany stage show, adapted from 1994 comedy "The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" - about a trio of drag queens traveling across the Australian outback, began a pre-Broadway engagement in Toronto, Canada on Tuesday, October 12.
And producers have brought Midler on board as they perfect the show for previews in the Big Apple next spring. Producer James L. Nederlander confirms, "We are thrilled that she wants to join us on the bus for this magnificent adventure."
The production, written by Stephan Elliott and Allan Scott - and directed by Simon Phillips, is scheduled to make its official Broadway debut on March 20, 2011. Midler made her Broadway debut in "Fiddler on the Roof" in 1966, and has since returned for several productions, most recently 2002's "Short Talks on the Universe".
More Bette Midler News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media