Confirmed, Bette Midler to Co-Produce 'Priscilla, Queen of the Desert' Broadway
Veteran entertainer Bette Midler has signed on to co-produce quirky Broadway-bound stage musical "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert". The zany stage show, adapted from 1994 comedy "The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" - about a trio of drag queens traveling across the Australian outback, began a pre-Broadway engagement in Toronto, Canada on Tuesday, October 12.
And producers have brought Midler on board as they perfect the show for previews in the Big Apple next spring. Producer James L. Nederlander confirms, "We are thrilled that she wants to join us on the bus for this magnificent adventure."
The production, written by Stephan Elliott and Allan Scott - and directed by Simon Phillips, is scheduled to make its official Broadway debut on March 20, 2011. Midler made her Broadway debut in "Fiddler on the Roof" in 1966, and has since returned for several productions, most recently 2002's "Short Talks on the Universe".
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App