Paul Simon and Herbie Hancock to Support John F. Kennedy Inauguration's Anniversary
Rocker Paul Simon, jazz great Herbie Hancock and actress/singer Julie Andrews will help to mark the 50th anniversary of late U.S. president John F. Kennedy's inauguration when they take to the stage at a special concert in January 2011.
The high-profile show, which will also feature cellist Yo-Yo Ma, will kick off three weeks of celebratory events at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C., the venue dedicated to the assassinated politician in recognition of his high regard for performance art. The opening gig will be hosted by director Mike Nichols and his news anchor wife Diane Sawyer on January 20, 2011.
The Presidency of John F. Kennedy: A 50th Anniversary Celebration will feature, among others, three concerts by the National Symphony Orchestra on January 22-24.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3