Paul Simon and Herbie Hancock to Support John F. Kennedy Inauguration's Anniversary
Rocker Paul Simon, jazz great Herbie Hancock and actress/singer Julie Andrews will help to mark the 50th anniversary of late U.S. president John F. Kennedy's inauguration when they take to the stage at a special concert in January 2011.
The high-profile show, which will also feature cellist Yo-Yo Ma, will kick off three weeks of celebratory events at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C., the venue dedicated to the assassinated politician in recognition of his high regard for performance art. The opening gig will be hosted by director Mike Nichols and his news anchor wife Diane Sawyer on January 20, 2011.
The Presidency of John F. Kennedy: A 50th Anniversary Celebration will feature, among others, three concerts by the National Symphony Orchestra on January 22-24.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says