Paul Simon and Herbie Hancock to Support John F. Kennedy Inauguration's Anniversary
Rocker Paul Simon, jazz great Herbie Hancock and actress/singer Julie Andrews will help to mark the 50th anniversary of late U.S. president John F. Kennedy's inauguration when they take to the stage at a special concert in January 2011.
The high-profile show, which will also feature cellist Yo-Yo Ma, will kick off three weeks of celebratory events at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C., the venue dedicated to the assassinated politician in recognition of his high regard for performance art. The opening gig will be hosted by director Mike Nichols and his news anchor wife Diane Sawyer on January 20, 2011.
The Presidency of John F. Kennedy: A 50th Anniversary Celebration will feature, among others, three concerts by the National Symphony Orchestra on January 22-24.
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo
- 'Transformers' Star Isabela Moner Lands Key Role in 'Sicario' Sequel 'Soldado'
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!