Paul Simon and Herbie Hancock to Support John F. Kennedy Inauguration's Anniversary
Rocker Paul Simon, jazz great Herbie Hancock and actress/singer Julie Andrews will help to mark the 50th anniversary of late U.S. president John F. Kennedy's inauguration when they take to the stage at a special concert in January 2011.
The high-profile show, which will also feature cellist Yo-Yo Ma, will kick off three weeks of celebratory events at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C., the venue dedicated to the assassinated politician in recognition of his high regard for performance art. The opening gig will be hosted by director Mike Nichols and his news anchor wife Diane Sawyer on January 20, 2011.
The Presidency of John F. Kennedy: A 50th Anniversary Celebration will feature, among others, three concerts by the National Symphony Orchestra on January 22-24.
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt