Paul Simon and Herbie Hancock to Support John F. Kennedy Inauguration's Anniversary
Rocker Paul Simon, jazz great Herbie Hancock and actress/singer Julie Andrews will help to mark the 50th anniversary of late U.S. president John F. Kennedy's inauguration when they take to the stage at a special concert in January 2011.
The high-profile show, which will also feature cellist Yo-Yo Ma, will kick off three weeks of celebratory events at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C., the venue dedicated to the assassinated politician in recognition of his high regard for performance art. The opening gig will be hosted by director Mike Nichols and his news anchor wife Diane Sawyer on January 20, 2011.
The Presidency of John F. Kennedy: A 50th Anniversary Celebration will feature, among others, three concerts by the National Symphony Orchestra on January 22-24.
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video
- Jennifer Garner Reportedly 'Suspicious' of Ben Affleck's Relationship With His Detox Nurse
- 'Saturday Night Live' Mocks Trump's Inauguration With Shirtless Putin
- Brad Pitt Is Living a Healthy New Life Following Angelina Jolie Split
- New Couple Alert? Iggy Azalea Spotted Making Out With Music Producer LJay Currie in Mexico
- Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Madonna Perform at Women's March on Washington
- Is Ellen DeGeneres' Marriage to Portia de Rossi in Trouble?