Chrissie Hynde Split From Singer Boyfriend Over Age Gap
Chrissie Hynde ended her romance with her new boyfriend and band mate J.P. Jones when she realized their relationship was doomed to fail due to their 27-year age gap. The 59-year-old rocker began dating the Welsh singer, 32, after becoming songwriting partners, which eventually led to the formation of their new band JP, Chrissie and the Fairground Boys.
But the romance didn't last and the former couple has now agreed to keep its relationship platonic for the sake of its new group. Hynde tells Classic Rock magazine, "There's not going to be a family (if we stayed together). And if you think about it, if we were together, where would we be in 10 years? He'd be 40 and I'd be (nearly) 70. That's kind of unthinkable after a while."
And Jones admits the heartbreak they both felt is evident in the band's new music. He adds, "When you're feeling something so strongly in circumstance (sic), between Chrissie and me, you know, the fact that we can't be together, can't have a family together... When you're together, sat there writing songs to each other (sic)... it's impossible not to be speaking the truth... The connection between us and the circumstance we have, it's all on the record. It's the most intense thing I've ever felt."
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest