Chrissie Hynde Split From Singer Boyfriend Over Age Gap
Chrissie Hynde ended her romance with her new boyfriend and band mate J.P. Jones when she realized their relationship was doomed to fail due to their 27-year age gap. The 59-year-old rocker began dating the Welsh singer, 32, after becoming songwriting partners, which eventually led to the formation of their new band JP, Chrissie and the Fairground Boys.
But the romance didn't last and the former couple has now agreed to keep its relationship platonic for the sake of its new group. Hynde tells Classic Rock magazine, "There's not going to be a family (if we stayed together). And if you think about it, if we were together, where would we be in 10 years? He'd be 40 and I'd be (nearly) 70. That's kind of unthinkable after a while."
And Jones admits the heartbreak they both felt is evident in the band's new music. He adds, "When you're feeling something so strongly in circumstance (sic), between Chrissie and me, you know, the fact that we can't be together, can't have a family together... When you're together, sat there writing songs to each other (sic)... it's impossible not to be speaking the truth... The connection between us and the circumstance we have, it's all on the record. It's the most intense thing I've ever felt."
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media