Chrissie Hynde Split From Singer Boyfriend Over Age Gap
Chrissie Hynde ended her romance with her new boyfriend and band mate J.P. Jones when she realized their relationship was doomed to fail due to their 27-year age gap. The 59-year-old rocker began dating the Welsh singer, 32, after becoming songwriting partners, which eventually led to the formation of their new band JP, Chrissie and the Fairground Boys.
But the romance didn't last and the former couple has now agreed to keep its relationship platonic for the sake of its new group. Hynde tells Classic Rock magazine, "There's not going to be a family (if we stayed together). And if you think about it, if we were together, where would we be in 10 years? He'd be 40 and I'd be (nearly) 70. That's kind of unthinkable after a while."
And Jones admits the heartbreak they both felt is evident in the band's new music. He adds, "When you're feeling something so strongly in circumstance (sic), between Chrissie and me, you know, the fact that we can't be together, can't have a family together... When you're together, sat there writing songs to each other (sic)... it's impossible not to be speaking the truth... The connection between us and the circumstance we have, it's all on the record. It's the most intense thing I've ever felt."
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie