Chrissie Hynde Split From Singer Boyfriend Over Age Gap
Chrissie Hynde ended her romance with her new boyfriend and band mate J.P. Jones when she realized their relationship was doomed to fail due to their 27-year age gap. The 59-year-old rocker began dating the Welsh singer, 32, after becoming songwriting partners, which eventually led to the formation of their new band JP, Chrissie and the Fairground Boys.
But the romance didn't last and the former couple has now agreed to keep its relationship platonic for the sake of its new group. Hynde tells Classic Rock magazine, "There's not going to be a family (if we stayed together). And if you think about it, if we were together, where would we be in 10 years? He'd be 40 and I'd be (nearly) 70. That's kind of unthinkable after a while."
And Jones admits the heartbreak they both felt is evident in the band's new music. He adds, "When you're feeling something so strongly in circumstance (sic), between Chrissie and me, you know, the fact that we can't be together, can't have a family together... When you're together, sat there writing songs to each other (sic)... it's impossible not to be speaking the truth... The connection between us and the circumstance we have, it's all on the record. It's the most intense thing I've ever felt."
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs