Daniel Craig Wants MGM to Resolve Issue So He Can Be Bond Again
Daniel Craig has called on studio bosses to "sort themselves out" so he can continue playing James Bond on the big screen. The British actor took on the role in 2006, and has completed two films, "Casino Royale" and "Quantum of Solace".
He was slated to begin filming his third outing as the suave superspy in the 23rd Bond picture, which was scheduled for a 2012 release. But the production has been halted due to the financial uncertainty of the studio behind the franchise, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. Craig is now urging bosses at MGM to complete the necessary deals to get production moving again - because he is desperate to "fulfill the circle" of his Bond adventure.
He says, "Unless MGM can sort themselves out, we can't make a movie. It's hard to talk about things that aren't happening. There will be more to say when things are happening. I'm really keen to get going, it's as simple as that. And I'm hoping that, in a while, we will."
"I felt as if we were just getting going and that we'd get the chance to make a couple more. I'd like (to) fulfill the circle with the story. But, yes, there is nothing really to say until whoever gets that house (at MGM) in order. There's no chance of getting it made until those things are taken care of."
More Daniel Craig News
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed