Daniel Craig Wants MGM to Resolve Issue So He Can Be Bond Again
Daniel Craig has called on studio bosses to "sort themselves out" so he can continue playing James Bond on the big screen. The British actor took on the role in 2006, and has completed two films, "Casino Royale" and "Quantum of Solace".
He was slated to begin filming his third outing as the suave superspy in the 23rd Bond picture, which was scheduled for a 2012 release. But the production has been halted due to the financial uncertainty of the studio behind the franchise, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. Craig is now urging bosses at MGM to complete the necessary deals to get production moving again - because he is desperate to "fulfill the circle" of his Bond adventure.
He says, "Unless MGM can sort themselves out, we can't make a movie. It's hard to talk about things that aren't happening. There will be more to say when things are happening. I'm really keen to get going, it's as simple as that. And I'm hoping that, in a while, we will."
"I felt as if we were just getting going and that we'd get the chance to make a couple more. I'd like (to) fulfill the circle with the story. But, yes, there is nothing really to say until whoever gets that house (at MGM) in order. There's no chance of getting it made until those things are taken care of."
More Daniel Craig News
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Hold Off Marriage: They're Just Happily Dating
- Mariah Carey Enjoying Birthday Beach Getaway With Bryan Tanaka - See the Romantic Pic!
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Sidelined From 'DWTS' Due to Injury. Watch How He Hurt His Calf
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings