Taylor Swift Was Blindsided in TV Prank
Taylor Swift was completely blindsided by a TV prank which saw her asked out on a date - insisting she had "no idea" the encounter was filmed. The country star made a surprise appearance on "The Buried Life" this month, a series which follows a group of boys as they attempt to complete a list of '100 things to do before you die'.
One of the challenges was 'Ask Out the Girl of Your Dreams' so castmember Duncan Penn gatecrashed this year's Country Music Awards and approached Swift to ask her out on a date. Swift accepted the offer, but now admits she had no idea the conversation was going to be broadcast on TV.
She tells MTV.com, "I had absolutely no idea that that stuff was filmed, so there was this realization when I got an email from my manager. And he was like, 'Hey, can you approve this? It's this episode of episode of The Buried Life,' and I was like, 'They had a camera on that?'"
But the singer refuses to reveal whether she followed through on her promise to go out with the TV star. She adds, "I'm not gonna tell you what happened after that."
More Taylor Swift News
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital