Upset Randy Jackson Says Michael Wouldn't Want Oprah Winfrey to Be Around His Kids
Randy Jackson is furious his parents allowed Oprah Winfrey into the family home for a new tell-all interview, insisting the talk show host is "the last person on earth" his brother Michael Jackson would want to speak to his children. Winfrey visited the late singer's mother Katherine on Saturday, October 9 at her Encino, California property, where she interviewed the family matriarch, her husband Joe and took a tour of the property.
The media mogul is also said to have sat down with the "Thriller" hitmaker's three children, Prince Michael, 13, Paris, 12, and eight-year-old Blanket - and their uncle Randy is fuming the youngsters have been thrust into the spotlight against his famous brother's wishes. In a series of posts on his Twitter.com page, he writes, "Let me say that I love my mother and father. I am humbly grateful to have them as my parents but I don't always agree with the choices they make. This is one of those times."
"I found out Oprah was at our family home, my stomach ached and it still hasn't gone away. I had no prior knowledge this was going to happen. It was deliberately kept from me because they knew I would have tried to stop it. I know how Oprah feels about my brother and family. I also know that he would not have wanted this... in fact, she is the last person on earth he would want around his children."
Randy admits his grievances towards Winfrey stem from a program she broadcast around the time of Michael's 2005 abuse trial, based in Santa Maria, California, which saw the star charged with offenses against teenager Gavin Arvizo. He explains, "I can never forget when she had the show on paedophilia during the jury deliberation process in my brother's Santa Maria case. That was no coincidence."
Michael Jackson was acquitted on all counts after a five-month trial but Randy admits he's still uneasy about Winfrey interviewing his close family members for the upcoming special, which is due to air in the coming weeks. He adds, "I'm angry... just trying to hold myself together."
More Michael Jackson News
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame