Upset Randy Jackson Says Michael Wouldn't Want Oprah Winfrey to Be Around His Kids
Randy Jackson is furious his parents allowed Oprah Winfrey into the family home for a new tell-all interview, insisting the talk show host is "the last person on earth" his brother Michael Jackson would want to speak to his children. Winfrey visited the late singer's mother Katherine on Saturday, October 9 at her Encino, California property, where she interviewed the family matriarch, her husband Joe and took a tour of the property.
The media mogul is also said to have sat down with the "Thriller" hitmaker's three children, Prince Michael, 13, Paris, 12, and eight-year-old Blanket - and their uncle Randy is fuming the youngsters have been thrust into the spotlight against his famous brother's wishes. In a series of posts on his Twitter.com page, he writes, "Let me say that I love my mother and father. I am humbly grateful to have them as my parents but I don't always agree with the choices they make. This is one of those times."
"I found out Oprah was at our family home, my stomach ached and it still hasn't gone away. I had no prior knowledge this was going to happen. It was deliberately kept from me because they knew I would have tried to stop it. I know how Oprah feels about my brother and family. I also know that he would not have wanted this... in fact, she is the last person on earth he would want around his children."
Randy admits his grievances towards Winfrey stem from a program she broadcast around the time of Michael's 2005 abuse trial, based in Santa Maria, California, which saw the star charged with offenses against teenager Gavin Arvizo. He explains, "I can never forget when she had the show on paedophilia during the jury deliberation process in my brother's Santa Maria case. That was no coincidence."
Michael Jackson was acquitted on all counts after a five-month trial but Randy admits he's still uneasy about Winfrey interviewing his close family members for the upcoming special, which is due to air in the coming weeks. He adds, "I'm angry... just trying to hold myself together."
More Michael Jackson News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March