David Arquette Broke Marriage Split News to Daughter on Beach
David Arquette broke the news of his separation from wife Courteney Cox to their six-year-old daughter over a picnic at the beach. The actor called in to pal Howard Stern's radio show on Tuesday, October 12 to discuss the break-up of his 11-year marriage, which was confirmed on Monday - months after the pair parted ways.
Arquette told the shock jock he decided to be honest with his daughter Coco following Cox's decision to take a break from married life, and took her to the seaside. He said, "We went to a beach and had a picnic. I explained to her that we're grown-ups, and a lot of the time when grown-ups are growing up, they need to figure out their lives... Sometimes that takes each other having a little space."
"She said, 'Are you guys getting a divorce?' I said, 'No, we're not getting a divorce, we're just taking some time apart to get to know ourselves better and get to know what we want out of our mate better'."
Father and daughter were spotted hand in hand after leaving a breakfast cafe in Beverly Hills on Tuesday morning, shortly after Arquette's candid radio chat with Stern.
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Living Separate Lives' and Ready for $300 Million Divorce
- Fergie's 'Double Dutchess' Is Coming in January With 3 Music Videos
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'