David Arquette Broke Marriage Split News to Daughter on Beach
David Arquette broke the news of his separation from wife Courteney Cox to their six-year-old daughter over a picnic at the beach. The actor called in to pal Howard Stern's radio show on Tuesday, October 12 to discuss the break-up of his 11-year marriage, which was confirmed on Monday - months after the pair parted ways.
Arquette told the shock jock he decided to be honest with his daughter Coco following Cox's decision to take a break from married life, and took her to the seaside. He said, "We went to a beach and had a picnic. I explained to her that we're grown-ups, and a lot of the time when grown-ups are growing up, they need to figure out their lives... Sometimes that takes each other having a little space."
"She said, 'Are you guys getting a divorce?' I said, 'No, we're not getting a divorce, we're just taking some time apart to get to know ourselves better and get to know what we want out of our mate better'."
Father and daughter were spotted hand in hand after leaving a breakfast cafe in Beverly Hills on Tuesday morning, shortly after Arquette's candid radio chat with Stern.
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- 'Deadpool 2': Find Out Details of Tim Miller's Disagreements With Ryan Reynolds That Led to His Exit
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'