Petey Pablo Expected to Surrender to Police
Rapper Petey Pablo is set to surrender to authorities on Wednesday, October 13 morning after cops issued a warrant for his arrest over gun charges. The hip-hop star - real name Moses Barrett III - was detained at Raleigh-Durham International Airport in North Carolina last month after security officers allegedly found a pistol in his carry-on luggage.
The "Freek-a-Leek" hitmaker was later released on $50,000 bail. Pablo's representative claims the pistol does not belong to the star and he forgot the firearm was in his bag after taking it from a pal.
But a federal judge has now issued an arrest warrant for Pablo after government officials claimed the star was fully aware he was in possession of "a concealed dangerous weapon that was and would have been accessible to him in flight".
Pablo is charged with possession of a firearm by a felon, possession of a stolen firearm and attempting to take the gun onto an airplane, reports TMZ.com. A spokesperson for Pablo tells the website he was unaware of the warrant but now plans to surrender to authorities early on Wednesday.
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch