Petey Pablo Expected to Surrender to Police
Rapper Petey Pablo is set to surrender to authorities on Wednesday, October 13 morning after cops issued a warrant for his arrest over gun charges. The hip-hop star - real name Moses Barrett III - was detained at Raleigh-Durham International Airport in North Carolina last month after security officers allegedly found a pistol in his carry-on luggage.
The "Freek-a-Leek" hitmaker was later released on $50,000 bail. Pablo's representative claims the pistol does not belong to the star and he forgot the firearm was in his bag after taking it from a pal.
But a federal judge has now issued an arrest warrant for Pablo after government officials claimed the star was fully aware he was in possession of "a concealed dangerous weapon that was and would have been accessible to him in flight".
Pablo is charged with possession of a firearm by a felon, possession of a stolen firearm and attempting to take the gun onto an airplane, reports TMZ.com. A spokesperson for Pablo tells the website he was unaware of the warrant but now plans to surrender to authorities early on Wednesday.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna