Dennis Hopper's Widow Wants $45 Million From His Estate
Dennis Hopper's widow Victoria Duffy has filed a $45 million creditor's claim against the late actor's estate. The Hollywood legend passed away in May after losing his battle with prostate cancer, and was embroiled in a bitter divorce battle with Duffy at the time of his death.
Hopper is said to have drawn up a new will in January which included only his children and grandchildren - but Duffy has filed legal papers in a bid to land a payment from the estate. In the documents, obtained by TMZ.com, Duffy asks for money to help her raise the pair's seven-year-old daughter Galen, thousands of dollars in lawyers' fees and a cut of the property owned by the "Easy Rider" legend.
Hopper's fifth wife is claiming a loss of earnings totaling $2.26 million while she was married to the star - and she also wants $10 million for alleged defamation during the pair's bitter divorce battle.
Earlier this year Hopper's attorney Joe Manis warned Duffy, "We are ready for war" over her plea for a financial settlement.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent