Dennis Hopper's Widow Wants $45 Million From His Estate
Dennis Hopper's widow Victoria Duffy has filed a $45 million creditor's claim against the late actor's estate. The Hollywood legend passed away in May after losing his battle with prostate cancer, and was embroiled in a bitter divorce battle with Duffy at the time of his death.
Hopper is said to have drawn up a new will in January which included only his children and grandchildren - but Duffy has filed legal papers in a bid to land a payment from the estate. In the documents, obtained by TMZ.com, Duffy asks for money to help her raise the pair's seven-year-old daughter Galen, thousands of dollars in lawyers' fees and a cut of the property owned by the "Easy Rider" legend.
Hopper's fifth wife is claiming a loss of earnings totaling $2.26 million while she was married to the star - and she also wants $10 million for alleged defamation during the pair's bitter divorce battle.
Earlier this year Hopper's attorney Joe Manis warned Duffy, "We are ready for war" over her plea for a financial settlement.
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway