Dennis Hopper's Widow Wants $45 Million From His Estate
Dennis Hopper's widow Victoria Duffy has filed a $45 million creditor's claim against the late actor's estate. The Hollywood legend passed away in May after losing his battle with prostate cancer, and was embroiled in a bitter divorce battle with Duffy at the time of his death.
Hopper is said to have drawn up a new will in January which included only his children and grandchildren - but Duffy has filed legal papers in a bid to land a payment from the estate. In the documents, obtained by TMZ.com, Duffy asks for money to help her raise the pair's seven-year-old daughter Galen, thousands of dollars in lawyers' fees and a cut of the property owned by the "Easy Rider" legend.
Hopper's fifth wife is claiming a loss of earnings totaling $2.26 million while she was married to the star - and she also wants $10 million for alleged defamation during the pair's bitter divorce battle.
Earlier this year Hopper's attorney Joe Manis warned Duffy, "We are ready for war" over her plea for a financial settlement.
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'
- Did Geoff Johns Just Confirm That Armie Hammer Would Play Green Lantern in DC Movies?
- Inside Kanye West's Music Comeback Plans Following Hospitalization
- Kendall Jenner Isn't Happy About That Rolls-Royce for Her Birthday? Here's Why
- Mariah Carey Can't Wear Her Shoes Alone in New Promo for 'Mariah's World'