Dennis Hopper's Widow Wants $45 Million From His Estate
Dennis Hopper's widow Victoria Duffy has filed a $45 million creditor's claim against the late actor's estate. The Hollywood legend passed away in May after losing his battle with prostate cancer, and was embroiled in a bitter divorce battle with Duffy at the time of his death.
Hopper is said to have drawn up a new will in January which included only his children and grandchildren - but Duffy has filed legal papers in a bid to land a payment from the estate. In the documents, obtained by TMZ.com, Duffy asks for money to help her raise the pair's seven-year-old daughter Galen, thousands of dollars in lawyers' fees and a cut of the property owned by the "Easy Rider" legend.
Hopper's fifth wife is claiming a loss of earnings totaling $2.26 million while she was married to the star - and she also wants $10 million for alleged defamation during the pair's bitter divorce battle.
Earlier this year Hopper's attorney Joe Manis warned Duffy, "We are ready for war" over her plea for a financial settlement.
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie