Dennis Hopper's Widow Wants $45 Million From His Estate
Dennis Hopper's widow Victoria Duffy has filed a $45 million creditor's claim against the late actor's estate. The Hollywood legend passed away in May after losing his battle with prostate cancer, and was embroiled in a bitter divorce battle with Duffy at the time of his death.
Hopper is said to have drawn up a new will in January which included only his children and grandchildren - but Duffy has filed legal papers in a bid to land a payment from the estate. In the documents, obtained by TMZ.com, Duffy asks for money to help her raise the pair's seven-year-old daughter Galen, thousands of dollars in lawyers' fees and a cut of the property owned by the "Easy Rider" legend.
Hopper's fifth wife is claiming a loss of earnings totaling $2.26 million while she was married to the star - and she also wants $10 million for alleged defamation during the pair's bitter divorce battle.
Earlier this year Hopper's attorney Joe Manis warned Duffy, "We are ready for war" over her plea for a financial settlement.
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her
- Video Premiere: Chris Brown's 'Grass Ain't Greener'
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'