Cee-Lo Was Invited to Become 'American Idol' Judge
Gnarls Barkley frontman Cee-Lo was invited to put his name forward to become a judge on "American Idol" by show regular Randy Jackson. Fox network executives were left to fill the empty seats vacated by exiting judges Simon Cowell, Ellen DeGeneres and Kara DioGuardi on the show this summer and recently announced Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler would join Jackson on the new three-person judging panel.
Green reveals he toyed with the idea of signing up for the hit reality show following encouragement by good pal Jackson - but decided he wouldn't make for good TV because he refuses to pass judgment on people.
He tells Vibe magazine, "I was asked. (Jackson and I) talked about it very, very casually. (He said), 'Go for it. It's open. Who could really argue with that? I support you.' I think we were just kind of joking around. I don't think I would've been up for doing it. I'm not a judge of people. I observe, but I don't judge people."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked