Cee-Lo Was Invited to Become 'American Idol' Judge
Gnarls Barkley frontman Cee-Lo was invited to put his name forward to become a judge on "American Idol" by show regular Randy Jackson. Fox network executives were left to fill the empty seats vacated by exiting judges Simon Cowell, Ellen DeGeneres and Kara DioGuardi on the show this summer and recently announced Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler would join Jackson on the new three-person judging panel.
Green reveals he toyed with the idea of signing up for the hit reality show following encouragement by good pal Jackson - but decided he wouldn't make for good TV because he refuses to pass judgment on people.
He tells Vibe magazine, "I was asked. (Jackson and I) talked about it very, very casually. (He said), 'Go for it. It's open. Who could really argue with that? I support you.' I think we were just kind of joking around. I don't think I would've been up for doing it. I'm not a judge of people. I observe, but I don't judge people."
More American Idol News
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo