Boy George: Culture Club Will Reunite in April 2012
Boy George has confirmed Culture Club will reunite in 2012 to mark the band's 30th anniversary. Superproducer Mark Ronson recently revealed he had made it his mission to bring former bandmates Boy George, Roy Hay, Mikey Craig, Jon Moss and Sam Baker back together, eight years after they split.
And flamboyant frontman George O'Dowd - aka gay icon Boy George - has revealed a plan is in place to celebrate the anniversary of the release of Culture Club's first ever single on April 30, 2012. He says, "We're definitely doing it, yeah, yeah, in 2012. Our D-Day is April 30, which is the same day as our first ever single release, 'White Boy', and yeah, we're doing it, it's going to be great fun."
George admits he agreed on the reunion, because he wanted to perform with Culture Club one more time - before he's too old. He adds, "If we don't do it now we'll do it when we're 60, which will be really tragic. In fact, when I do this tour next year I will be 50 officially, because I'm 50 on the 14 of June - in eight months time!"
George has yet to reveal the details of the reunion, but it's thought Culture Club will hit the studio with Ronson next year to begin work on a new album, which they'll then promote on a comeback tour.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture