Boy George: Culture Club Will Reunite in April 2012
Boy George has confirmed Culture Club will reunite in 2012 to mark the band's 30th anniversary. Superproducer Mark Ronson recently revealed he had made it his mission to bring former bandmates Boy George, Roy Hay, Mikey Craig, Jon Moss and Sam Baker back together, eight years after they split.
And flamboyant frontman George O'Dowd - aka gay icon Boy George - has revealed a plan is in place to celebrate the anniversary of the release of Culture Club's first ever single on April 30, 2012. He says, "We're definitely doing it, yeah, yeah, in 2012. Our D-Day is April 30, which is the same day as our first ever single release, 'White Boy', and yeah, we're doing it, it's going to be great fun."
George admits he agreed on the reunion, because he wanted to perform with Culture Club one more time - before he's too old. He adds, "If we don't do it now we'll do it when we're 60, which will be really tragic. In fact, when I do this tour next year I will be 50 officially, because I'm 50 on the 14 of June - in eight months time!"
George has yet to reveal the details of the reunion, but it's thought Culture Club will hit the studio with Ronson next year to begin work on a new album, which they'll then promote on a comeback tour.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'