Boy George: Culture Club Will Reunite in April 2012
Boy George has confirmed Culture Club will reunite in 2012 to mark the band's 30th anniversary. Superproducer Mark Ronson recently revealed he had made it his mission to bring former bandmates Boy George, Roy Hay, Mikey Craig, Jon Moss and Sam Baker back together, eight years after they split.
And flamboyant frontman George O'Dowd - aka gay icon Boy George - has revealed a plan is in place to celebrate the anniversary of the release of Culture Club's first ever single on April 30, 2012. He says, "We're definitely doing it, yeah, yeah, in 2012. Our D-Day is April 30, which is the same day as our first ever single release, 'White Boy', and yeah, we're doing it, it's going to be great fun."
George admits he agreed on the reunion, because he wanted to perform with Culture Club one more time - before he's too old. He adds, "If we don't do it now we'll do it when we're 60, which will be really tragic. In fact, when I do this tour next year I will be 50 officially, because I'm 50 on the 14 of June - in eight months time!"
George has yet to reveal the details of the reunion, but it's thought Culture Club will hit the studio with Ronson next year to begin work on a new album, which they'll then promote on a comeback tour.
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels