Christina Ricci 'Playing Games' to Cope With Fame
Actress Christina Ricci has an unusual way of avoiding the pressures and pitfalls of fame - she pretends the world is just a really "small town" where everyone likes her. The former child star tries to live as normal a life as possible even though she's a huge celebrity, and she has found that "playing games" with the real world helps her cope with the attention she gets from the paparazzi and fans.
She reveals she pretends strangers who ask her to pose for pictures are just really friendly. She explains, "I just think it would be really unhealthy for me personally to walk around thinking everybody knew who I was. I just pretend the world's a really friendly place - the whole world's a small town and everyone's on my side. That's how I choose to live."
Ricci also avoids reading about herself in the press, and insists refusing to acknowledge she's a star has helped her stay sane. She says, "I don't read any internet stuff. I don't read even interviews that I do because I feel like if you were living your life in a normal non-public way you would only know what a collection of people thought about you."
"So if you wanna feel normal and not be a victim of the pitfalls of fame or whatever... I play my games with myself where I just refuse to acknowledge all of it."
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'