Boy George Kept Track on George Michael Through Prison Pals
Boy George managed to keep tracks on George Michael while the singer was behind bars, thanks to a network of prison pals. The Culture Club star spent 15 months in jail in 2009 for imprisoning a male escort, serving some of his sentence in London's Pentonville Prison - the same facility Michael was sent to after he was convicted of driving under the influence of drugs.
And Boy George reveals friends he made during his own spell in prison were able to provide him with information about his pop star pal. The "Karma Chameleon" hitmaker says, "I've got friends on the inside you see. I'm not even joking. I mean, I have a friend actually in Pentonville at the moment... and he was giving me the low-down on what was going on."
"I asked him how George was and of course what he knew. I know he was OK and I've got other friends at other places as well."
The former Wham! star, who was subsequently moved to another facility in Suffolk, England, was released on Monday, October 11 after serving half of his 56-day sentence for driving under the influence of drugs and possession of cannabis.
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?