Demi Moore to Sell 19th Century Paintings 'for a Change'
Art collector Demi Moore is set to cash in on her hobby - she's auctioning off two 19th century paintings, estimated to fetch up to $1.7 million. The Hollywood actress is selling an oil painting by William Bouguereau, titled "Frere et Soeur" ("Brother and Sister"), and another piece by Belgian artist Alfred Stevens, called "Mere et Ses Enfants" ("Mother and Her Children").
Moore bought both paintings in 1995, paying $178,500 for the Bouguereau piece and $200,500 for Stevens' work. However, the recent renewed interest in the Frenchman's work has sent the price of the 1887 painting soaring, and it is expected to go under the hammer for up to $1.5 million when it is sold off at Sotheby's in New York on November 4.
Moore admits she still loves the two masterpieces but feels the need to sell because they no longer suit "the renovation and new direction our home is taking," adding, "It is time for a change."
More Demi Moore News
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes