Demi Moore to Sell 19th Century Paintings 'for a Change'
Art collector Demi Moore is set to cash in on her hobby - she's auctioning off two 19th century paintings, estimated to fetch up to $1.7 million. The Hollywood actress is selling an oil painting by William Bouguereau, titled "Frere et Soeur" ("Brother and Sister"), and another piece by Belgian artist Alfred Stevens, called "Mere et Ses Enfants" ("Mother and Her Children").
Moore bought both paintings in 1995, paying $178,500 for the Bouguereau piece and $200,500 for Stevens' work. However, the recent renewed interest in the Frenchman's work has sent the price of the 1887 painting soaring, and it is expected to go under the hammer for up to $1.5 million when it is sold off at Sotheby's in New York on November 4.
Moore admits she still loves the two masterpieces but feels the need to sell because they no longer suit "the renovation and new direction our home is taking," adding, "It is time for a change."
More Demi Moore News
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'
- Watch Demi Lovato Practice Kissing Using Ed Sheeran Pillow on 'Ew!' With Jimmy Fallon
- Listen to The Chainsmokers' Heartbreaking Ballad 'The One'
- First Official Photos of Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot Are Unveiled
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Extended Trailer Sees Ray and Nikki Plotting a Revenge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...