Whoopi Goldberg Got Panic Attack at Stand-Up Show
Comedienne Whoopi Goldberg almost cut short her stand-up show in New Jersey on Saturday, October 9 after suffering a panic attack moments into her set. The "Ghost" star performed at Atlantic City's Tropicana Casino last weekend, but found herself starting to hyperventilate for no reason when the time came for her to step onstage.
Recalling the incident on her U.S. daytime chat show "The View" on Tuesday, October 12, she explained, "I worked in Atlantic City. I came out and I was dancing, I was ready and then I had a (panic attack) and I couldn't get myself together. I thought, 'Oh God, 84 more minutes, I have to be on stage for 84 more minutes.' I don't know what happened. I had to keep talking because I thought, 'I'm gonna lay down'."
Goldberg is convinced the sudden attack of nerves is linked to the death of her mother in August this year, because she's still coping with the grief. She said, "For me, it feels like it's been years and years (since the death) and everytime I get a call (to offer condolences) it does take me back."
More Whoopi Goldberg News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding