Whoopi Goldberg Got Panic Attack at Stand-Up Show
Comedienne Whoopi Goldberg almost cut short her stand-up show in New Jersey on Saturday, October 9 after suffering a panic attack moments into her set. The "Ghost" star performed at Atlantic City's Tropicana Casino last weekend, but found herself starting to hyperventilate for no reason when the time came for her to step onstage.
Recalling the incident on her U.S. daytime chat show "The View" on Tuesday, October 12, she explained, "I worked in Atlantic City. I came out and I was dancing, I was ready and then I had a (panic attack) and I couldn't get myself together. I thought, 'Oh God, 84 more minutes, I have to be on stage for 84 more minutes.' I don't know what happened. I had to keep talking because I thought, 'I'm gonna lay down'."
Goldberg is convinced the sudden attack of nerves is linked to the death of her mother in August this year, because she's still coping with the grief. She said, "For me, it feels like it's been years and years (since the death) and everytime I get a call (to offer condolences) it does take me back."
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?