Whoopi Goldberg Got Panic Attack at Stand-Up Show
Comedienne Whoopi Goldberg almost cut short her stand-up show in New Jersey on Saturday, October 9 after suffering a panic attack moments into her set. The "Ghost" star performed at Atlantic City's Tropicana Casino last weekend, but found herself starting to hyperventilate for no reason when the time came for her to step onstage.
Recalling the incident on her U.S. daytime chat show "The View" on Tuesday, October 12, she explained, "I worked in Atlantic City. I came out and I was dancing, I was ready and then I had a (panic attack) and I couldn't get myself together. I thought, 'Oh God, 84 more minutes, I have to be on stage for 84 more minutes.' I don't know what happened. I had to keep talking because I thought, 'I'm gonna lay down'."
Goldberg is convinced the sudden attack of nerves is linked to the death of her mother in August this year, because she's still coping with the grief. She said, "For me, it feels like it's been years and years (since the death) and everytime I get a call (to offer condolences) it does take me back."
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified