Whoopi Goldberg Got Panic Attack at Stand-Up Show
Comedienne Whoopi Goldberg almost cut short her stand-up show in New Jersey on Saturday, October 9 after suffering a panic attack moments into her set. The "Ghost" star performed at Atlantic City's Tropicana Casino last weekend, but found herself starting to hyperventilate for no reason when the time came for her to step onstage.
Recalling the incident on her U.S. daytime chat show "The View" on Tuesday, October 12, she explained, "I worked in Atlantic City. I came out and I was dancing, I was ready and then I had a (panic attack) and I couldn't get myself together. I thought, 'Oh God, 84 more minutes, I have to be on stage for 84 more minutes.' I don't know what happened. I had to keep talking because I thought, 'I'm gonna lay down'."
Goldberg is convinced the sudden attack of nerves is linked to the death of her mother in August this year, because she's still coping with the grief. She said, "For me, it feels like it's been years and years (since the death) and everytime I get a call (to offer condolences) it does take me back."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival