Oliver Stone: Michael Douglas' Health Is in Precarious State
Director Oliver Stone fears for his pal Michael Douglas as he battles throat cancer, admitting the veteran actor is in a "precarious" state of health. Douglas completed radiation and chemotherapy treatment for the advanced disease last week and is expected to take at least six weeks to recover.
The Oscar winner made a brief appearance at the New York premiere of his and Stone's latest film, "Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps", in September, but Douglas' ailing health has forced him to skip the rest of the promotional tour. Stone jetted to Berlin, Germany this week to continue publicity for the movie, where he aired his deep concerns for the sick star, telling reporters Douglas was still "suffering" and was in a "precarious" condition.
But the actor is refusing to let the cancer get him down and is determined to win his health battle. In one of his most recent interviews, he said, "It's a fight. The treatment is brutal. It really knocks you out. But I'm going to beat this."
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance