Oliver Stone: Michael Douglas' Health Is in Precarious State
Director Oliver Stone fears for his pal Michael Douglas as he battles throat cancer, admitting the veteran actor is in a "precarious" state of health. Douglas completed radiation and chemotherapy treatment for the advanced disease last week and is expected to take at least six weeks to recover.
The Oscar winner made a brief appearance at the New York premiere of his and Stone's latest film, "Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps", in September, but Douglas' ailing health has forced him to skip the rest of the promotional tour. Stone jetted to Berlin, Germany this week to continue publicity for the movie, where he aired his deep concerns for the sick star, telling reporters Douglas was still "suffering" and was in a "precarious" condition.
But the actor is refusing to let the cancer get him down and is determined to win his health battle. In one of his most recent interviews, he said, "It's a fight. The treatment is brutal. It really knocks you out. But I'm going to beat this."
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons