Oliver Stone: Michael Douglas' Health Is in Precarious State
Director Oliver Stone fears for his pal Michael Douglas as he battles throat cancer, admitting the veteran actor is in a "precarious" state of health. Douglas completed radiation and chemotherapy treatment for the advanced disease last week and is expected to take at least six weeks to recover.
The Oscar winner made a brief appearance at the New York premiere of his and Stone's latest film, "Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps", in September, but Douglas' ailing health has forced him to skip the rest of the promotional tour. Stone jetted to Berlin, Germany this week to continue publicity for the movie, where he aired his deep concerns for the sick star, telling reporters Douglas was still "suffering" and was in a "precarious" condition.
But the actor is refusing to let the cancer get him down and is determined to win his health battle. In one of his most recent interviews, he said, "It's a fight. The treatment is brutal. It really knocks you out. But I'm going to beat this."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival