Oliver Stone: Michael Douglas' Health Is in Precarious State
Director Oliver Stone fears for his pal Michael Douglas as he battles throat cancer, admitting the veteran actor is in a "precarious" state of health. Douglas completed radiation and chemotherapy treatment for the advanced disease last week and is expected to take at least six weeks to recover.
The Oscar winner made a brief appearance at the New York premiere of his and Stone's latest film, "Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps", in September, but Douglas' ailing health has forced him to skip the rest of the promotional tour. Stone jetted to Berlin, Germany this week to continue publicity for the movie, where he aired his deep concerns for the sick star, telling reporters Douglas was still "suffering" and was in a "precarious" condition.
But the actor is refusing to let the cancer get him down and is determined to win his health battle. In one of his most recent interviews, he said, "It's a fight. The treatment is brutal. It really knocks you out. But I'm going to beat this."
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7