Oliver Stone: Michael Douglas' Health Is in Precarious State
Director Oliver Stone fears for his pal Michael Douglas as he battles throat cancer, admitting the veteran actor is in a "precarious" state of health. Douglas completed radiation and chemotherapy treatment for the advanced disease last week and is expected to take at least six weeks to recover.
The Oscar winner made a brief appearance at the New York premiere of his and Stone's latest film, "Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps", in September, but Douglas' ailing health has forced him to skip the rest of the promotional tour. Stone jetted to Berlin, Germany this week to continue publicity for the movie, where he aired his deep concerns for the sick star, telling reporters Douglas was still "suffering" and was in a "precarious" condition.
But the actor is refusing to let the cancer get him down and is determined to win his health battle. In one of his most recent interviews, he said, "It's a fight. The treatment is brutal. It really knocks you out. But I'm going to beat this."
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'
- 'Rogue One': Meet C2-B5, New Imperial Droid That Looks Like R2-D2
- Johnny Depp Reconnects With Kate Moss Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Kylie Jenner Surprises Tyga With $300,000 Bentley After His Ferrari Got 'Repossessed'
- Lady GaGa Teases 'Perfect Illusion' Music Video
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free