Damon Albarn Says No to 'Glee' Borrowing His Tracks
Gorillaz star Damon Albarn will never allow his songs to be covered in "Glee" because he's convinced the popular show is a "very poor substitute" for real music. A number of pop superstars, including Madonna, Britney Spears and Lady GaGa, have all agreed to lend their back catalogs to the TV series, about a high school chorus group. But Albarn is adamant he never wants to hear his tracks showcased on "Glee".
He tells the Associated Press, "We wouldn't let that happen. And not that they've asked us because they haven't, and now they definitely won't. (Glee is) a very poor substitute for the real thing." And the British musician admits he wasn't impressed when the cast of "Glee" recently broke The Beatles' record for more chart hits. He adds: "Those (Glee) songs won't last like the Beatles by any stretch of their imagination. They'll be forgotten in a few years' time."
Albarn isn't the only rocker taking a stand against the musical series - Kings of Leon have also vowed to never let "Glee" bosses cover their hits.
- Is Katy Perry Romancing Calvin Harris to Get Back at Taylor Swift?
- Miley Cyrus Makes Liam Hemsworth Jealous Over Her Pampering Sessions With Pet Pig
- 'Bachelorette' Recap: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Help Test the Guys' Husband Skills
- John Boyega Shows Finn's New Weapon in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Bella Thorne Gets Cuddly With Ex Gregg Sulkin After Super Quick Fling With Scott Disick
- Kourtney Kardashian Ready to Introduce Younes Bendjima to Her Family
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Is Not Hacked, Claims Disney CEO
- Niall Horan Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims, Makes 'On the Loose' TV Debut on 'Today'