Damon Albarn Says No to 'Glee' Borrowing His Tracks
Gorillaz star Damon Albarn will never allow his songs to be covered in "Glee" because he's convinced the popular show is a "very poor substitute" for real music. A number of pop superstars, including Madonna, Britney Spears and Lady GaGa, have all agreed to lend their back catalogs to the TV series, about a high school chorus group. But Albarn is adamant he never wants to hear his tracks showcased on "Glee".
He tells the Associated Press, "We wouldn't let that happen. And not that they've asked us because they haven't, and now they definitely won't. (Glee is) a very poor substitute for the real thing." And the British musician admits he wasn't impressed when the cast of "Glee" recently broke The Beatles' record for more chart hits. He adds: "Those (Glee) songs won't last like the Beatles by any stretch of their imagination. They'll be forgotten in a few years' time."
Albarn isn't the only rocker taking a stand against the musical series - Kings of Leon have also vowed to never let "Glee" bosses cover their hits.
More Glee News
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Casts JD Pardo as Leading Man
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Casting Scoops: Simone Biles and Mr. T to Compete in Season 24
- Matt Reeves Is Officially Announced to Direct 'The Batman', Ben Affleck Reacts
- Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower