Damon Albarn Says No to 'Glee' Borrowing His Tracks
Gorillaz star Damon Albarn will never allow his songs to be covered in "Glee" because he's convinced the popular show is a "very poor substitute" for real music. A number of pop superstars, including Madonna, Britney Spears and Lady GaGa, have all agreed to lend their back catalogs to the TV series, about a high school chorus group. But Albarn is adamant he never wants to hear his tracks showcased on "Glee".
He tells the Associated Press, "We wouldn't let that happen. And not that they've asked us because they haven't, and now they definitely won't. (Glee is) a very poor substitute for the real thing." And the British musician admits he wasn't impressed when the cast of "Glee" recently broke The Beatles' record for more chart hits. He adds: "Those (Glee) songs won't last like the Beatles by any stretch of their imagination. They'll be forgotten in a few years' time."
Albarn isn't the only rocker taking a stand against the musical series - Kings of Leon have also vowed to never let "Glee" bosses cover their hits.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says