Damon Albarn Says No to 'Glee' Borrowing His Tracks
Gorillaz star Damon Albarn will never allow his songs to be covered in "Glee" because he's convinced the popular show is a "very poor substitute" for real music. A number of pop superstars, including Madonna, Britney Spears and Lady GaGa, have all agreed to lend their back catalogs to the TV series, about a high school chorus group. But Albarn is adamant he never wants to hear his tracks showcased on "Glee".
He tells the Associated Press, "We wouldn't let that happen. And not that they've asked us because they haven't, and now they definitely won't. (Glee is) a very poor substitute for the real thing." And the British musician admits he wasn't impressed when the cast of "Glee" recently broke The Beatles' record for more chart hits. He adds: "Those (Glee) songs won't last like the Beatles by any stretch of their imagination. They'll be forgotten in a few years' time."
Albarn isn't the only rocker taking a stand against the musical series - Kings of Leon have also vowed to never let "Glee" bosses cover their hits.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'