Damon Albarn Says No to 'Glee' Borrowing His Tracks
Gorillaz star Damon Albarn will never allow his songs to be covered in "Glee" because he's convinced the popular show is a "very poor substitute" for real music. A number of pop superstars, including Madonna, Britney Spears and Lady GaGa, have all agreed to lend their back catalogs to the TV series, about a high school chorus group. But Albarn is adamant he never wants to hear his tracks showcased on "Glee".
He tells the Associated Press, "We wouldn't let that happen. And not that they've asked us because they haven't, and now they definitely won't. (Glee is) a very poor substitute for the real thing." And the British musician admits he wasn't impressed when the cast of "Glee" recently broke The Beatles' record for more chart hits. He adds: "Those (Glee) songs won't last like the Beatles by any stretch of their imagination. They'll be forgotten in a few years' time."
Albarn isn't the only rocker taking a stand against the musical series - Kings of Leon have also vowed to never let "Glee" bosses cover their hits.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special