Rick Springfield Tried to Commit Suicide
Pop veteran Rick Springfield tried to commit suicide at the age of 17 after sinking into a deep depression over his "ugly" appearance. The singer admits he struggled to accept his looks as a teenager because he felt "as ugly as the a** end of a female baboon at mating season" and attempted to hang himself at the height of his troubles.
Springfield opens up about the incident in his candid new memoir Late, Late at Night and reveals he was only saved when the noose he tied around his neck slipped and came undone. The "Jessie's Girl" hitmaker is convinced his love of music saved him and steered him away from suicidal thoughts, according to New York Post gossip column Page Six.
He writes, "From this point on, music will become my salvation and save me from most serious self-inflicted harm."
- Tom Hiddleston in 'Advance Talks' to Star in 'Bond 25'
- Beyonce Steps Out With Jay-Z Wearing Bright Yellow Pants and Tiny Lemon Sticker on Her Phone
- Johnny Depp's Lawyer Reacts to Amber Heard's Domestic Abuse Claims
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November