Rick Springfield Tried to Commit Suicide
Pop veteran Rick Springfield tried to commit suicide at the age of 17 after sinking into a deep depression over his "ugly" appearance. The singer admits he struggled to accept his looks as a teenager because he felt "as ugly as the a** end of a female baboon at mating season" and attempted to hang himself at the height of his troubles.
Springfield opens up about the incident in his candid new memoir Late, Late at Night and reveals he was only saved when the noose he tied around his neck slipped and came undone. The "Jessie's Girl" hitmaker is convinced his love of music saved him and steered him away from suicidal thoughts, according to New York Post gossip column Page Six.
He writes, "From this point on, music will become my salvation and save me from most serious self-inflicted harm."
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'