Myleene Klass' Pregnancy Was No Easy Route
British singer Myleene Klass has opened up about her struggle to fall pregnant, revealing she considered in vitro fertilization (IVF) in her battle to conceive. The former "Hear'Say" star announced last month she is expecting her second child with fiance Graham Quinn.
Klass felt compelled to discuss her fertility problems after fans commented on how easily she fell pregnant - because it took her 18 months to conceive. The singer-turned-TV presenter, who already has a three-year-old daughter, Ava, had met with doctors to discuss treatments to help boost her chances when she received the happy news.
She tells Britain's SHE magazine, "I got a lot of messages on Twitter when I announced my pregnancy saying, 'Lucky you that it's happened so easily,' and I wanted to say, 'Believe you me, it wasn't that easy,' but it wasn't the right forum. It's important to be honest because it's not really talked about. It's hard because you're so grateful to have one child, but it doesn't stop you desperately wanting another."
"Ava was a surprise so I assumed it would be easy, but it wasn't. It's been tough. You get to the stage where every month you're waiting, and then when you're not pregnant, it's so disappointing. I was panicking a bit. The doctors started talking about IVF and I was upset. You think, 'This is serious, what if it doesn't happen?' I went home and was sobbing to Gray but he was great - so calm - and said we should wait to see my own doctor, who'd been on holiday."
"(My doctor) told me to relax and said he wanted us to try for a few months before we did anything else, and I was gutted, thinking, 'But I've already been trying for months'. Then, a couple of weeks later, I missed my period and took a test and there it was -pregnant! I was so shocked, I had to buy two more to be sure."
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation