Mel B Said Husband Defended Her in Brawl
British singer Melanie Brown has defended her husband after he was allegedly involved in a violent brawl at a posh London hotel, insisting the reports have been blown out of proportion. The former Spice Girl and her partner Stephen Belafonte were in the U.K. capital promoting their new reality TV show.
They were out drinking with pals on Thursday, October 7 at the May Fair Hotel, but their night descended into chaos when a group of men reportedly made lewd comments about Brown, prompting Belafonte to lash out. Reports suggested one man was bleeding and had to be taken to hospital following the clash.
But now Brown has spoken out to play down the stories and defend her husband. She tells Britain's Daily Mail, "He was rushing to the defense of a woman - me. He was my defender. So I can't be mad. It's been blown into more than it was." No arrests or charges have been made over the incident.
More Melanie Brown News
- Return to the Town of 'Twin Peaks' With New Eerie Promo
- J.K. Rowling Hints at Big Spoiler for 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2'
- Meghan Markle Wants Prince Harry to Build Her 'Enormous' Shoe Room at Kensington Palace
- Kylie Jenner Licks Khloe Kardashian's Chest in Saucy Pic for 'KUWTK' 10th Anniversary
- Hacker Threatens to Leak 'Orange Is the New Black' Season 5 Unless Netflix Pays Ransom
- Sean Paul Connects With Migos for Epic Beach Party in New Video for 'Body'
- Justin Bieber 'Loves' Popping His Pimples Just to Get Attention
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Will Be Set in Hogwarts Stand-In Location