Weezer to Release 'Death to False Metal'
Rockers Weezer have trawled through the band's archives to release a collection of rarities later this year. "Death to False Metal", due out on November 1, features 10 previously unreleased tracks recorded over the last 18 years since the band formed.
Frontman Rivers Cuomo tells NME.com the collection features "great songs, great recordings, but for some reason they didn't make the final cut for a record". Weezer released its eighth studio album, entitled "Hurley", just last month.
The four-piece band peaked at No. 6 on Billboard Hot 200 with "Hurley", selling 45,000 units in its opening week. It becomes Weezer's sixth top 10 album, as well as their sixth top 10 album in a row. The lead single "Memories" reached No. 21 on Billboard Alternative Songs chart.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'