Weezer to Release 'Death to False Metal'
Rockers Weezer have trawled through the band's archives to release a collection of rarities later this year. "Death to False Metal", due out on November 1, features 10 previously unreleased tracks recorded over the last 18 years since the band formed.
Frontman Rivers Cuomo tells NME.com the collection features "great songs, great recordings, but for some reason they didn't make the final cut for a record". Weezer released its eighth studio album, entitled "Hurley", just last month.
The four-piece band peaked at No. 6 on Billboard Hot 200 with "Hurley", selling 45,000 units in its opening week. It becomes Weezer's sixth top 10 album, as well as their sixth top 10 album in a row. The lead single "Memories" reached No. 21 on Billboard Alternative Songs chart.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival