Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman to Be Honored at Producers Guild Awards
America's top film moguls have unanimously agreed to honor Tom Hanks and his business partner Gary Goetzman at the Producers Guild Awards in January 2011. The pair will be handed the coveted Norman Lear Achievement Award in Television at the 22nd annual prize giving on January 22 at the Century Plaza in Los Angeles.
Hanks and Goetzman are the founders of Playtone Productions - the company behind TV hits "Big Love", "Band of Brothers" and "The Pacific". Past recipients of the Norman Lear prize include Jerry Bruckheimer, Aaron Spelling and David E. Kelley.
Chair of ceremonies, Paula Wagner, said as quoted by Variety, "Tom and Gary are extraordinarily talented producers who have changed the television landscape with extremely unique, award-winning programming. They consistently deliver intelligent, thoughtful entertainment that has made a tremendous worldwide impact on the industry; we look forward to honoring their remarkable achievements."
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier