Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman to Be Honored at Producers Guild Awards
America's top film moguls have unanimously agreed to honor Tom Hanks and his business partner Gary Goetzman at the Producers Guild Awards in January 2011. The pair will be handed the coveted Norman Lear Achievement Award in Television at the 22nd annual prize giving on January 22 at the Century Plaza in Los Angeles.
Hanks and Goetzman are the founders of Playtone Productions - the company behind TV hits "Big Love", "Band of Brothers" and "The Pacific". Past recipients of the Norman Lear prize include Jerry Bruckheimer, Aaron Spelling and David E. Kelley.
Chair of ceremonies, Paula Wagner, said as quoted by Variety, "Tom and Gary are extraordinarily talented producers who have changed the television landscape with extremely unique, award-winning programming. They consistently deliver intelligent, thoughtful entertainment that has made a tremendous worldwide impact on the industry; we look forward to honoring their remarkable achievements."
More Tom Hanks News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby