Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman to Be Honored at Producers Guild Awards
America's top film moguls have unanimously agreed to honor Tom Hanks and his business partner Gary Goetzman at the Producers Guild Awards in January 2011. The pair will be handed the coveted Norman Lear Achievement Award in Television at the 22nd annual prize giving on January 22 at the Century Plaza in Los Angeles.
Hanks and Goetzman are the founders of Playtone Productions - the company behind TV hits "Big Love", "Band of Brothers" and "The Pacific". Past recipients of the Norman Lear prize include Jerry Bruckheimer, Aaron Spelling and David E. Kelley.
Chair of ceremonies, Paula Wagner, said as quoted by Variety, "Tom and Gary are extraordinarily talented producers who have changed the television landscape with extremely unique, award-winning programming. They consistently deliver intelligent, thoughtful entertainment that has made a tremendous worldwide impact on the industry; we look forward to honoring their remarkable achievements."
More Tom Hanks News
- Colton Haynes and Fiance Jeff Leatham Get Engaged Again. See Their Matching Rings
- The Weeknd Teams Up With Drake to Perform 'Crew Love' at Toronto Show for the First Time in 3 Years
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are House-Hunting in Norfolk
- Emmy Rossum and 'Mr. Robot' Creator Sam Esmail Tie the Knot in Intimate Ceremony. See the Pics!
- Caitlyn Jenner Says She's Never 'Entirely Comfortable' Having Sex With Kris
- 'Logan Lucky' First Trailer: Channing Tatum, Daniel Craig and Adam Driver Plan a Heist
- Sofia Richie Shuts Down Scott Disick Dating Rumors: We Are Just 'Homies'
- Pictures of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews' Tropical Honeymoon Surface