Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman to Be Honored at Producers Guild Awards
America's top film moguls have unanimously agreed to honor Tom Hanks and his business partner Gary Goetzman at the Producers Guild Awards in January 2011. The pair will be handed the coveted Norman Lear Achievement Award in Television at the 22nd annual prize giving on January 22 at the Century Plaza in Los Angeles.
Hanks and Goetzman are the founders of Playtone Productions - the company behind TV hits "Big Love", "Band of Brothers" and "The Pacific". Past recipients of the Norman Lear prize include Jerry Bruckheimer, Aaron Spelling and David E. Kelley.
Chair of ceremonies, Paula Wagner, said as quoted by Variety, "Tom and Gary are extraordinarily talented producers who have changed the television landscape with extremely unique, award-winning programming. They consistently deliver intelligent, thoughtful entertainment that has made a tremendous worldwide impact on the industry; we look forward to honoring their remarkable achievements."
More Tom Hanks News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation