Joan Collins Blames Greed for Obesity
"Dynasty" star Joan Collins is disgusted by the increasing amount of food consumed in restaurants, blaming "greed" for widespread obesity problems. The veteran actress admits she works hard to retain her trim physique but insists her number one tip for keeping off the pounds is eating smaller portions.
And she believes the global population would be much healthier if overeaters put down their forks. Collins tells Britain's Hello! magazine, "People eat far too much these days and I'm very aware of the penalties of putting on weight. The other day, I went into a pub with my daughter Tara and they had an All You Can Eat brunch for 4.99 pound sterling. I asked Tara, 'Is that for coffee?' 'No, Mum,' she said. 'It's for the whole thing.' Well the 'whole thing' was a piece of steak, two eggs, chips, tomatoes, sausage, bacon..."
"I was horrified! if you eat junk, you'll look like junk. People say, 'It's not my fault I'm fat, it's my glands.' It's not, it's greed."
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet