Joan Collins Blames Greed for Obesity
"Dynasty" star Joan Collins is disgusted by the increasing amount of food consumed in restaurants, blaming "greed" for widespread obesity problems. The veteran actress admits she works hard to retain her trim physique but insists her number one tip for keeping off the pounds is eating smaller portions.
And she believes the global population would be much healthier if overeaters put down their forks. Collins tells Britain's Hello! magazine, "People eat far too much these days and I'm very aware of the penalties of putting on weight. The other day, I went into a pub with my daughter Tara and they had an All You Can Eat brunch for 4.99 pound sterling. I asked Tara, 'Is that for coffee?' 'No, Mum,' she said. 'It's for the whole thing.' Well the 'whole thing' was a piece of steak, two eggs, chips, tomatoes, sausage, bacon..."
"I was horrified! if you eat junk, you'll look like junk. People say, 'It's not my fault I'm fat, it's my glands.' It's not, it's greed."
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos