Rhys Ifans Urging Government to Legalize Marijuana
Welsh actor Rhys Ifans is calling for cannabis to be legalized in the U.K. - branding the drug "one of life's little pleasures". The "Notting Hill" star, who portrays infamous drug smuggler Howard Marks in upcoming biopic "Mr. Nice", is adamant the criminalization of marijuana is "idiotic" and creates more problems.
And Ifans is urging the British government to consider controlling pot in the same way as tobacco and alcohol. He tells Britain's FHM magazine, "I agree with Howard on this. You look at any culture and prohibition has invariably been an unmitigated failure. It is just idiotic to criminalize any substance, I think. It needs to be controlled, managed."
"If you legalize something then you use the taxation from the sale of that drug to help people who become addicted to those substances. It is not going to go away. The war on drugs is being lost on a daily basis."
"In the past we have had a little smoke, the odd toke. I didn't inhale though. Howard still has a smoke. Everyone has a little smoke once in a while, you know. It's one of life's little pleasures."
- Kim Kardashian Planning to Use Her Toned-Down Image to Make Herself Richer
- Taran Killam Is the New King George of 'Hamilton' in New Instagram Photo
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game