Ronan Keating Pays Homage to Stephen Gately on First Anniversary of His Death
Irish singer Ronan Keating has paid a touching tribute to Stephen Gately on the first anniversary of his bandmate's death. The 33 year old was found dead last October 2009 at the home he shared with partner Andrew Cowles in Majorca, Spain.
Gately's close family and friends gathered in Dalkey Bay, Ireland on Sunday, October 10 to scatter the singer's ashes, but his Boyzone bandmate Keating was unable to attend the event because he is currently working as a judge on Australia's "The X Factor" TV show.
Keating is planning his own tribute alongside bandmates Shane Lynch and Mikey Graham, who flew Down Under be with him on the anniversary of Gately's death. The trio will perform song "Gave It All Away" on the talent contest on Monday night, October 11, recruiting Aussie star Natalie Imbruglia to stand in for Keith Duffy, who is unable to join the rest of the band.
Keating says, "It's hard to believe it is a year. We still feel like he is still around and still with us. It's like he's on holidays, and it's surreal to know that he has gone. I went up to mass... I had a bit of time on my own and said a few prayers. The boys are here which makes it a little bit easier. We try to be around each other on his birthday or whatever the day may be... It's brilliant as long as we can honour and commemorate Stephen."
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass
- Watch Britney Spears Shave Her Head in 'Britney Ever After' Trailer
- Mariah Carey's Worst Nightmare! Sister to Detail the Singer's Satanic Rituals and Sex Abuse Claims
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Welcomes Baby Girl Named Ella Grace
- Kristen Wiig Joins 'Last Man on Earth' in a Mysterious Recurring Role
- 'The Voice' Execs Want Blake Shelton to Propose to Gwen Stefani On-Air
- Ed Sheeran Travels Back to His Teenage Years in Nostalgic Video for 'Castle on the Hill'
- 'American Horror Story' Crossover Season Details: Sarah Paulson Could Be Playing 18 Characters