'Sherlock Holmes' Role Gives Noomi Rapace Chance to Tap Into Her Roots
Swedish movie star Noomi Rapace has a very special reason to play a French gypsy in the "Sherlock Holmes" sequel - her father was a European traveler. "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" star has signed on to star alongside Robert Downey, Jr. and Jude Law in Guy Ritchie's movie and she reveals the role will give her the chance to tap into her roots.
She says, "She is something that I have inside me that I've wanted to look more deeply into for many years. So when this came to me I was like, 'Yes, I've been waiting to have a reason to open up those things." Rapace's father was a gypsy flamenco singer from Spain.
In the forthcoming movie, Noomi Rapace will star opposite Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law, Stephen Fry and Jared Harris. The big screen project is set to hit U.S. cinemas in December 2011.
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman