'Sherlock Holmes' Role Gives Noomi Rapace Chance to Tap Into Her Roots
Swedish movie star Noomi Rapace has a very special reason to play a French gypsy in the "Sherlock Holmes" sequel - her father was a European traveler. "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" star has signed on to star alongside Robert Downey, Jr. and Jude Law in Guy Ritchie's movie and she reveals the role will give her the chance to tap into her roots.
She says, "She is something that I have inside me that I've wanted to look more deeply into for many years. So when this came to me I was like, 'Yes, I've been waiting to have a reason to open up those things." Rapace's father was a gypsy flamenco singer from Spain.
In the forthcoming movie, Noomi Rapace will star opposite Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law, Stephen Fry and Jared Harris. The big screen project is set to hit U.S. cinemas in December 2011.
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift