'Sherlock Holmes' Role Gives Noomi Rapace Chance to Tap Into Her Roots
Swedish movie star Noomi Rapace has a very special reason to play a French gypsy in the "Sherlock Holmes" sequel - her father was a European traveler. "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" star has signed on to star alongside Robert Downey, Jr. and Jude Law in Guy Ritchie's movie and she reveals the role will give her the chance to tap into her roots.
She says, "She is something that I have inside me that I've wanted to look more deeply into for many years. So when this came to me I was like, 'Yes, I've been waiting to have a reason to open up those things." Rapace's father was a gypsy flamenco singer from Spain.
In the forthcoming movie, Noomi Rapace will star opposite Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law, Stephen Fry and Jared Harris. The big screen project is set to hit U.S. cinemas in December 2011.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal