'Sherlock Holmes' Role Gives Noomi Rapace Chance to Tap Into Her Roots
Swedish movie star Noomi Rapace has a very special reason to play a French gypsy in the "Sherlock Holmes" sequel - her father was a European traveler. "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" star has signed on to star alongside Robert Downey, Jr. and Jude Law in Guy Ritchie's movie and she reveals the role will give her the chance to tap into her roots.
She says, "She is something that I have inside me that I've wanted to look more deeply into for many years. So when this came to me I was like, 'Yes, I've been waiting to have a reason to open up those things." Rapace's father was a gypsy flamenco singer from Spain.
In the forthcoming movie, Noomi Rapace will star opposite Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law, Stephen Fry and Jared Harris. The big screen project is set to hit U.S. cinemas in December 2011.
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'