'Sherlock Holmes' Role Gives Noomi Rapace Chance to Tap Into Her Roots
Swedish movie star Noomi Rapace has a very special reason to play a French gypsy in the "Sherlock Holmes" sequel - her father was a European traveler. "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" star has signed on to star alongside Robert Downey, Jr. and Jude Law in Guy Ritchie's movie and she reveals the role will give her the chance to tap into her roots.
She says, "She is something that I have inside me that I've wanted to look more deeply into for many years. So when this came to me I was like, 'Yes, I've been waiting to have a reason to open up those things." Rapace's father was a gypsy flamenco singer from Spain.
In the forthcoming movie, Noomi Rapace will star opposite Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law, Stephen Fry and Jared Harris. The big screen project is set to hit U.S. cinemas in December 2011.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'