Quiting Drinking, Joe Cocker Spends Time Gardening
Rocker Joe Cocker has substituted his heavy drinking ways for gardening after discovering he has green fingers. The gravel-voiced "Unchain My Heart" hitmaker is almost a decade sober after heavy boozing nearly cost him his marriage and his health - and now he spends his time between albums and tours tending his garden in Crawford, Colorado.
He admits he has always had gardening in his blood. Cocker tells Mojo magazine, "My dad used to take me up to his allotment as a kid. I remember the smell of the tomato plants."
"After a couple of long Colorado winters I put up a greenhouse and I've become quite the tomato man. I get seeds given to me all around the world. Heirloom varieties." Cocker reveals he has even shown some of his prized fruit at a local fair, "I got second."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group