Quiting Drinking, Joe Cocker Spends Time Gardening
Rocker Joe Cocker has substituted his heavy drinking ways for gardening after discovering he has green fingers. The gravel-voiced "Unchain My Heart" hitmaker is almost a decade sober after heavy boozing nearly cost him his marriage and his health - and now he spends his time between albums and tours tending his garden in Crawford, Colorado.
He admits he has always had gardening in his blood. Cocker tells Mojo magazine, "My dad used to take me up to his allotment as a kid. I remember the smell of the tomato plants."
"After a couple of long Colorado winters I put up a greenhouse and I've become quite the tomato man. I get seeds given to me all around the world. Heirloom varieties." Cocker reveals he has even shown some of his prized fruit at a local fair, "I got second."
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role