Simon Cowell Changes Name to Lightning Cowell for a Day
Simon Cowell has an electrifying new name - Lightning Cowell. The music mogul was annoyed when a singer named Storm Lee entered as a contestant on his U.K. TV show "The X Factor" last month, and he refused to call the wannabe by his adopted moniker.
Cowell insisted that if he changed his name to "Lightning", his fellow judges - including British singer Cheryl Cole - would find it ridiculous. But he was ambushed by presenter Konnie Huq during a live broadcast of spin-off show "The Xtra Factor" on Saturday night - she presented him with Deed Poll documents to legally change his name.
And Cowell gamely agreed to sign the papers, officially becoming Lightning Cowell - but he intends to revert to Simon after 24 hours. As Huq handed him the documents to sign, Cowell said, "Is this official? Are you serious about this? Can I hold the contract? Okay, for 24 hours then."
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars