Simon Cowell Changes Name to Lightning Cowell for a Day
Simon Cowell has an electrifying new name - Lightning Cowell. The music mogul was annoyed when a singer named Storm Lee entered as a contestant on his U.K. TV show "The X Factor" last month, and he refused to call the wannabe by his adopted moniker.
Cowell insisted that if he changed his name to "Lightning", his fellow judges - including British singer Cheryl Cole - would find it ridiculous. But he was ambushed by presenter Konnie Huq during a live broadcast of spin-off show "The Xtra Factor" on Saturday night - she presented him with Deed Poll documents to legally change his name.
And Cowell gamely agreed to sign the papers, officially becoming Lightning Cowell - but he intends to revert to Simon after 24 hours. As Huq handed him the documents to sign, Cowell said, "Is this official? Are you serious about this? Can I hold the contract? Okay, for 24 hours then."
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off