Simon Cowell Changes Name to Lightning Cowell for a Day
Simon Cowell has an electrifying new name - Lightning Cowell. The music mogul was annoyed when a singer named Storm Lee entered as a contestant on his U.K. TV show "The X Factor" last month, and he refused to call the wannabe by his adopted moniker.
Cowell insisted that if he changed his name to "Lightning", his fellow judges - including British singer Cheryl Cole - would find it ridiculous. But he was ambushed by presenter Konnie Huq during a live broadcast of spin-off show "The Xtra Factor" on Saturday night - she presented him with Deed Poll documents to legally change his name.
And Cowell gamely agreed to sign the papers, officially becoming Lightning Cowell - but he intends to revert to Simon after 24 hours. As Huq handed him the documents to sign, Cowell said, "Is this official? Are you serious about this? Can I hold the contract? Okay, for 24 hours then."
More Simon Cowell News
- Topless Kim Kardashian and North West Are Included in New Kimojis. Get the Sneak Peeks
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Spotted 'Making Out' at Drake's Party
- 'X-Men' Show 'Legion' Gets Series Order at FX. See the First Picture!
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities