Police Banner Using Jay-Z as Gang Member Pulled Down
Top officers in Miami's Police Department have been forced to pull parts of its website after images of rap superstar Jay-Z were used in a banner urging members of the public to report gang activity. A banner on the site, showing animated 'gangsters', appeared alongside the caption 'Report Gang Activity'.
However, police IT bosses were left red-faced when it was discovered the images were actually of the "99 Problems" hitmaker, which he used as publicity snaps almost a decade ago. Officials at the police department have now taken down the banner, and insisted the use of Jay-Z's likeness was a "mistake".
In a statement, officer Kenia Reyes says, "It was something that was inadvertently done. It was a mistake."
More Jay-Z News
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival
- Blac Chyna Reportedly Dating Kourtney Kardashian's Former Beau Quincy Combs