Police Banner Using Jay-Z as Gang Member Pulled Down
Top officers in Miami's Police Department have been forced to pull parts of its website after images of rap superstar Jay-Z were used in a banner urging members of the public to report gang activity. A banner on the site, showing animated 'gangsters', appeared alongside the caption 'Report Gang Activity'.
However, police IT bosses were left red-faced when it was discovered the images were actually of the "99 Problems" hitmaker, which he used as publicity snaps almost a decade ago. Officials at the police department have now taken down the banner, and insisted the use of Jay-Z's likeness was a "mistake".
In a statement, officer Kenia Reyes says, "It was something that was inadvertently done. It was a mistake."
More Jay-Z News
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?