Police Banner Using Jay-Z as Gang Member Pulled Down
Top officers in Miami's Police Department have been forced to pull parts of its website after images of rap superstar Jay-Z were used in a banner urging members of the public to report gang activity. A banner on the site, showing animated 'gangsters', appeared alongside the caption 'Report Gang Activity'.
However, police IT bosses were left red-faced when it was discovered the images were actually of the "99 Problems" hitmaker, which he used as publicity snaps almost a decade ago. Officials at the police department have now taken down the banner, and insisted the use of Jay-Z's likeness was a "mistake".
In a statement, officer Kenia Reyes says, "It was something that was inadvertently done. It was a mistake."
More Jay-Z News
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs