Police Banner Using Jay-Z as Gang Member Pulled Down
Top officers in Miami's Police Department have been forced to pull parts of its website after images of rap superstar Jay-Z were used in a banner urging members of the public to report gang activity. A banner on the site, showing animated 'gangsters', appeared alongside the caption 'Report Gang Activity'.
However, police IT bosses were left red-faced when it was discovered the images were actually of the "99 Problems" hitmaker, which he used as publicity snaps almost a decade ago. Officials at the police department have now taken down the banner, and insisted the use of Jay-Z's likeness was a "mistake".
In a statement, officer Kenia Reyes says, "It was something that was inadvertently done. It was a mistake."
More Jay-Z News
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?