Police Banner Using Jay-Z as Gang Member Pulled Down
Top officers in Miami's Police Department have been forced to pull parts of its website after images of rap superstar Jay-Z were used in a banner urging members of the public to report gang activity. A banner on the site, showing animated 'gangsters', appeared alongside the caption 'Report Gang Activity'.
However, police IT bosses were left red-faced when it was discovered the images were actually of the "99 Problems" hitmaker, which he used as publicity snaps almost a decade ago. Officials at the police department have now taken down the banner, and insisted the use of Jay-Z's likeness was a "mistake".
In a statement, officer Kenia Reyes says, "It was something that was inadvertently done. It was a mistake."
More Jay-Z News
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift