Sold: Michael Jackson's Glove, Princess Diana's Gown and More
An auction of celebrity memorabilia, including Michael Jackson's iconic Swarovski crystal glove and a velvet ball gown worn by Princess Diana, pulled in $1 million at top auction house Julien's first Asian pop culture sale.
Hundreds of items which once belonged to the late "Thriller" hitmaker and fellow superstars went under the hammer on Saturday, October 9 at the Ponte 16 resort in Macau, China. Jackson's black crystal glove went for $180,000 to an unidentified internet bidder, while a fellow online buyer picked up a basketball signed by the tragic singer and Michael Jordan for a staggering $245,000.
Other lots which sold included memorabilia from "Ghostbusters", the "Batman" film franchise and "The Last Samurai", and there will also be items from the lives and careers of Madonna, Elvis Presley and Marilyn Monroe.
More Michael Jackson News
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2