Sold: Michael Jackson's Glove, Princess Diana's Gown and More
An auction of celebrity memorabilia, including Michael Jackson's iconic Swarovski crystal glove and a velvet ball gown worn by Princess Diana, pulled in $1 million at top auction house Julien's first Asian pop culture sale.
Hundreds of items which once belonged to the late "Thriller" hitmaker and fellow superstars went under the hammer on Saturday, October 9 at the Ponte 16 resort in Macau, China. Jackson's black crystal glove went for $180,000 to an unidentified internet bidder, while a fellow online buyer picked up a basketball signed by the tragic singer and Michael Jordan for a staggering $245,000.
Other lots which sold included memorabilia from "Ghostbusters", the "Batman" film franchise and "The Last Samurai", and there will also be items from the lives and careers of Madonna, Elvis Presley and Marilyn Monroe.
More Michael Jackson News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival