Boyzone Launched Website in Memory of Stephen Gately
The surviving members of Irish band Boyzone have launched a website to mark the life of late bandmate Stephen Gately on the first anniversary of the singer's death on Sunday, October 10. The 33 year old was found dead last October at the home he shared with partner Andrew Cowles in Majorca, Spain.
In tribute to Gately, his bandmates Ronan Keating, Mikey Graham, Keith Duffy and Shane Lynch have launched a photo website so fans can remember the star on the anniversary of his passing.
In the new site, the band writes, "On 10th October last year life changed forever. We lost on that day not only an integral part of boyzone, but a really special and important human being. We want this site to be a place where people can share their memories of Stephen - if you have a photo of yourself with Stephen please upload it to the gallery. Ronan, Mikey, Keith & Shane."
The website's launch comes on the day family and friends will hold a private ceremony in Dalkey Bay, Ireland to scatter Gately's ashes. However, Cowles will not be in attendance for the memorial, after reportedly falling out with his late lover's family over plans to spread his ashes in his native Ireland, instead of London - where he lived, according to Britain's Sunday Mirror.
A statement from the Gately family says, "Andrew has received at least half a dozen invitations to the ceremony. He hasn't responded to any of them."
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'