Boyzone Launched Website in Memory of Stephen Gately
The surviving members of Irish band Boyzone have launched a website to mark the life of late bandmate Stephen Gately on the first anniversary of the singer's death on Sunday, October 10. The 33 year old was found dead last October at the home he shared with partner Andrew Cowles in Majorca, Spain.
In tribute to Gately, his bandmates Ronan Keating, Mikey Graham, Keith Duffy and Shane Lynch have launched a photo website so fans can remember the star on the anniversary of his passing.
In the new site, the band writes, "On 10th October last year life changed forever. We lost on that day not only an integral part of boyzone, but a really special and important human being. We want this site to be a place where people can share their memories of Stephen - if you have a photo of yourself with Stephen please upload it to the gallery. Ronan, Mikey, Keith & Shane."
The website's launch comes on the day family and friends will hold a private ceremony in Dalkey Bay, Ireland to scatter Gately's ashes. However, Cowles will not be in attendance for the memorial, after reportedly falling out with his late lover's family over plans to spread his ashes in his native Ireland, instead of London - where he lived, according to Britain's Sunday Mirror.
A statement from the Gately family says, "Andrew has received at least half a dozen invitations to the ceremony. He hasn't responded to any of them."
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns