Mel B's Husband Involved in a Bar Brawl
Former Spice Girl Melanie Brown's husband was reportedly involved in a violent brawl in a posh London hotel in the early hours of Thursday, October 7. The singer and her partner Stephen Belafonte were in the U.K. capital to promote their new reality TV show and enjoyed an evening in the city's luxurious May Fair hotel drinking with pals.
However the night descended into chaos when a group of men reportedly made lewd comments about Brown, which allegedly prompted her husband to lash out, according to Britain's News of the World. In pictures obtained by the newspaper, Belafonte is seen grappling with a bald male, before his jumper is ripped from his back.
An onlooker tells the newspaper, "It just exploded into violence. They were big lads and it all went crazy. Mel B was standing there dumbstruck. They'd all been chilling out in the bar and suddenly everything went mad. I think Stephen was provoked and retaliated. He'd been been drinking cocktails but I don't think he was drunk. Everyone was in good spirits. Mel was in the lobby outside the bar talking to a friend when the fight broke out. She looked gobsmacked."
"It was all over very quickly - it can't have lasted more than 30 seconds. But it got very violent very quickly. Punches were thrown from both sides and Stephen and this other bloke were rolling around on the floor. They were both big blokes and quite evenly matched. Other people were trying to pile in and the other guy ripped off Stephen's jumper as they were struggling."
According to the publication, the other man involved in the fracas was bleeding from the head and was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment. The people involved were quizzed by cops but no arrests were made. Belafonte later played down the incident, telling the publication, "Things happen in life and you move on."
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'