T.I. Facing 14 Months in Jail Over His Latest Drug Arrest
T.I.'s probation officer wants the troubled rapper to spend between eight and 14 months behind bars if he is sent back to jail following his drug arrest last month. The "Live Your Life" hitmaker, real name Clifford Harris, Jr., was taken into custody in Los Angeles with his wife Tameka 'Tiny' Cottle after a police officer reportedly detected marijuana smoke wafting from their car during a traffic stop.
T.I., currently on probation after completing a prison sentence for gun charges in December 2009, was booked for felony possession of a controlled substance. The rapper's probation officer has recommended the hip-hop star spend up to 14 months in jail if he is found to have breached court regulations, but in documents filed on Friday, October 8, T.I.'s lawyers argue he should serve no more than five to 11 months.
They claim the probation officer's recommendation is based on guidelines for violent career criminals, which they maintain do not apply to T.I., reports the New York Daily News. A judge will decide whether or not to revoke the probation at a court date next week.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics