T.I. Facing 14 Months in Jail Over His Latest Drug Arrest
T.I.'s probation officer wants the troubled rapper to spend between eight and 14 months behind bars if he is sent back to jail following his drug arrest last month. The "Live Your Life" hitmaker, real name Clifford Harris, Jr., was taken into custody in Los Angeles with his wife Tameka 'Tiny' Cottle after a police officer reportedly detected marijuana smoke wafting from their car during a traffic stop.
T.I., currently on probation after completing a prison sentence for gun charges in December 2009, was booked for felony possession of a controlled substance. The rapper's probation officer has recommended the hip-hop star spend up to 14 months in jail if he is found to have breached court regulations, but in documents filed on Friday, October 8, T.I.'s lawyers argue he should serve no more than five to 11 months.
They claim the probation officer's recommendation is based on guidelines for violent career criminals, which they maintain do not apply to T.I., reports the New York Daily News. A judge will decide whether or not to revoke the probation at a court date next week.
More T.I. News
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Shows 'Farewell Tour' in First Trailer
- Erin Andrews and Jarret Stoll Get Married in Sunset Ceremony
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London