Jay-Z Spoils Grand Mom With Lavish Party on 85th Birthday
Jay-Z is a generous grandson - the hip-hop mogul and wife Beyonce Knowles treated his grandmother to a lavish night out in New York City to celebrate her 85th birthday. The hip-hop supercouple picked up the rapper's grandmother, Hattie White, in a Rolls-Royce, and chauffeured her to Liberty Warehouse, a posh restaurant in his native Brooklyn with views of the Statue of Liberty.
According to the New York Post, the revellers were treated to Southern American cooking, and were entertained by dancers from the Boys and Girls Club, a social association promoting citizenship among young people.
Jay recently spoke out about spending more time with family and friends, admitting he's worked hard to splurge on himself and his loved ones. He explained, "That's what I enjoy. That's the payback for all the hard work."
More Jay-Z News
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce