Jay-Z Spoils Grand Mom With Lavish Party on 85th Birthday
Jay-Z is a generous grandson - the hip-hop mogul and wife Beyonce Knowles treated his grandmother to a lavish night out in New York City to celebrate her 85th birthday. The hip-hop supercouple picked up the rapper's grandmother, Hattie White, in a Rolls-Royce, and chauffeured her to Liberty Warehouse, a posh restaurant in his native Brooklyn with views of the Statue of Liberty.
According to the New York Post, the revellers were treated to Southern American cooking, and were entertained by dancers from the Boys and Girls Club, a social association promoting citizenship among young people.
Jay recently spoke out about spending more time with family and friends, admitting he's worked hard to splurge on himself and his loved ones. He explained, "That's what I enjoy. That's the payback for all the hard work."
More Jay-Z News
- Calvin Harris Announces New Single Featuring Pharrell, Ariana Grande and Young Thug
- New Boyfriend? Ellie Goulding Spotted Getting Cozy With Athlete Caspar Jopling
- 'The Flash' 3.19 Preview: Meet Future Barry Allen
- Natalie Portman Will Portray Bull Rider in 'Bronco Belle'
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'