Nicole Scherzinger Uncomfortable With Pussycat Dolls' Sexy Outfit
Nicole Scherzinger felt uncomfortable in her early days as a scantily clad The Pussycat Dolls member - because the band's racy stage costumes were a far cry from her own "conservative" wardrobe.
The girl group originated as a burlesque dance troupe, known for its members' sexy outfits. But lead singer Scherzinger admits she'd never seen anything like them growing up in Louisville, Kentucky - and she felt uncomfortable baring so much flesh onstage.
She tells Britain's Cosmopolitan magazine, "Growing up, I was very conservative in my wardrobe, so when I first joined the Pussycat Dolls, the biggest challenge was wearing those cabaret costumes. I didn't feel comfortable showing my body so much, showing my legs and butt, chest and midriff."
"I wasn't used to it so I had to really grow as a woman and learn to accept myself and my body, find that inner confidence and strength and love myself for who I was."
- Calvin Harris Announces New Single Featuring Pharrell, Ariana Grande and Young Thug
- New Boyfriend? Ellie Goulding Spotted Getting Cozy With Athlete Caspar Jopling
- 'The Flash' 3.19 Preview: Meet Future Barry Allen
- Natalie Portman Will Portray Bull Rider in 'Bronco Belle'
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'