Nicole Scherzinger Uncomfortable With Pussycat Dolls' Sexy Outfit
Nicole Scherzinger felt uncomfortable in her early days as a scantily clad The Pussycat Dolls member - because the band's racy stage costumes were a far cry from her own "conservative" wardrobe.
The girl group originated as a burlesque dance troupe, known for its members' sexy outfits. But lead singer Scherzinger admits she'd never seen anything like them growing up in Louisville, Kentucky - and she felt uncomfortable baring so much flesh onstage.
She tells Britain's Cosmopolitan magazine, "Growing up, I was very conservative in my wardrobe, so when I first joined the Pussycat Dolls, the biggest challenge was wearing those cabaret costumes. I didn't feel comfortable showing my body so much, showing my legs and butt, chest and midriff."
"I wasn't used to it so I had to really grow as a woman and learn to accept myself and my body, find that inner confidence and strength and love myself for who I was."
More Nicole Scherzinger News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers