Nicole Scherzinger Uncomfortable With Pussycat Dolls' Sexy Outfit
Nicole Scherzinger felt uncomfortable in her early days as a scantily clad The Pussycat Dolls member - because the band's racy stage costumes were a far cry from her own "conservative" wardrobe.
The girl group originated as a burlesque dance troupe, known for its members' sexy outfits. But lead singer Scherzinger admits she'd never seen anything like them growing up in Louisville, Kentucky - and she felt uncomfortable baring so much flesh onstage.
She tells Britain's Cosmopolitan magazine, "Growing up, I was very conservative in my wardrobe, so when I first joined the Pussycat Dolls, the biggest challenge was wearing those cabaret costumes. I didn't feel comfortable showing my body so much, showing my legs and butt, chest and midriff."
"I wasn't used to it so I had to really grow as a woman and learn to accept myself and my body, find that inner confidence and strength and love myself for who I was."
More Nicole Scherzinger News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance