Nicole Scherzinger Uncomfortable With Pussycat Dolls' Sexy Outfit
Nicole Scherzinger felt uncomfortable in her early days as a scantily clad The Pussycat Dolls member - because the band's racy stage costumes were a far cry from her own "conservative" wardrobe.
The girl group originated as a burlesque dance troupe, known for its members' sexy outfits. But lead singer Scherzinger admits she'd never seen anything like them growing up in Louisville, Kentucky - and she felt uncomfortable baring so much flesh onstage.
She tells Britain's Cosmopolitan magazine, "Growing up, I was very conservative in my wardrobe, so when I first joined the Pussycat Dolls, the biggest challenge was wearing those cabaret costumes. I didn't feel comfortable showing my body so much, showing my legs and butt, chest and midriff."
"I wasn't used to it so I had to really grow as a woman and learn to accept myself and my body, find that inner confidence and strength and love myself for who I was."
More Nicole Scherzinger News
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?