Nicole Scherzinger Uncomfortable With Pussycat Dolls' Sexy Outfit
Nicole Scherzinger felt uncomfortable in her early days as a scantily clad The Pussycat Dolls member - because the band's racy stage costumes were a far cry from her own "conservative" wardrobe.
The girl group originated as a burlesque dance troupe, known for its members' sexy outfits. But lead singer Scherzinger admits she'd never seen anything like them growing up in Louisville, Kentucky - and she felt uncomfortable baring so much flesh onstage.
She tells Britain's Cosmopolitan magazine, "Growing up, I was very conservative in my wardrobe, so when I first joined the Pussycat Dolls, the biggest challenge was wearing those cabaret costumes. I didn't feel comfortable showing my body so much, showing my legs and butt, chest and midriff."
"I wasn't used to it so I had to really grow as a woman and learn to accept myself and my body, find that inner confidence and strength and love myself for who I was."
More Nicole Scherzinger News
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame