Sean Penn Receives Half Million Donation From Bill Clinton
Sean Penn's charity efforts in Haiti have been given a boost - former U.S. President Bill Clinton has donated $500,000 to the actor's cause. The "Milk" star founded the J/P HRO Haitian Relief Organization in the wake of the January earthquake and has spent months helping to rebuild the Caribbean nation.
The Clinton Foundation's generous donation will go towards a camp in Petionville, which is run by the Oscar winner's group, and Penn is delighted with the support. He tells People.com, "The support of President Clinton and the Clinton Foundation is an extraordinary boost in our organization's ability to continue its work in Haiti. From the beginning the Clinton Foundation staff and leadership have generously shared expertise and essential logistical support."
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton