Sean Penn Receives Half Million Donation From Bill Clinton
Sean Penn's charity efforts in Haiti have been given a boost - former U.S. President Bill Clinton has donated $500,000 to the actor's cause. The "Milk" star founded the J/P HRO Haitian Relief Organization in the wake of the January earthquake and has spent months helping to rebuild the Caribbean nation.
The Clinton Foundation's generous donation will go towards a camp in Petionville, which is run by the Oscar winner's group, and Penn is delighted with the support. He tells People.com, "The support of President Clinton and the Clinton Foundation is an extraordinary boost in our organization's ability to continue its work in Haiti. From the beginning the Clinton Foundation staff and leadership have generously shared expertise and essential logistical support."
More Sean Penn News
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones
- Scarlett Johansson Is the Highest-Grossing Actress of All Time
- Real Reason Why Caitlyn Jenner Didn't Attend Khloe Kardashian's Birthday Party Revealed
- Ariel Winter Goes Naked in the Bathtub Days After Breakup
- 'Preacher' Gets Expanded Season 2, '12 Monkeys' Is Renewed for Season 3
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer