Sean Penn Receives Half Million Donation From Bill Clinton
Sean Penn's charity efforts in Haiti have been given a boost - former U.S. President Bill Clinton has donated $500,000 to the actor's cause. The "Milk" star founded the J/P HRO Haitian Relief Organization in the wake of the January earthquake and has spent months helping to rebuild the Caribbean nation.
The Clinton Foundation's generous donation will go towards a camp in Petionville, which is run by the Oscar winner's group, and Penn is delighted with the support. He tells People.com, "The support of President Clinton and the Clinton Foundation is an extraordinary boost in our organization's ability to continue its work in Haiti. From the beginning the Clinton Foundation staff and leadership have generously shared expertise and essential logistical support."
More Sean Penn News
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell