Amelle Berrabah Banned From Driving and Hit With Fine for DUI
Sugababes star Amelle Berrabah has been banned from the roads for 14 months and hit with a $3,000 fine after she admitted drink-driving. The singer was traveling through north London early in the morning of September 23 when her vehicle was stopped by police.
A breath-test was carried out at the roadside and Berrabah was found to be over the legal alcohol limit for driving in the U.K. She attended London's Highbury Corner Magistrates Court on Friday, October 8 and pleaded guilty to driving with excess alcohol.
Berrabah had been to a party the night before the incident and had slept for six hours before climbing behind the wheel of her Mercedes car. Her lawyer told judges the pop star has apologized for her "exceptionally silly" behavior.
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video