Amelle Berrabah Banned From Driving and Hit With Fine for DUI
Sugababes star Amelle Berrabah has been banned from the roads for 14 months and hit with a $3,000 fine after she admitted drink-driving. The singer was traveling through north London early in the morning of September 23 when her vehicle was stopped by police.
A breath-test was carried out at the roadside and Berrabah was found to be over the legal alcohol limit for driving in the U.K. She attended London's Highbury Corner Magistrates Court on Friday, October 8 and pleaded guilty to driving with excess alcohol.
Berrabah had been to a party the night before the incident and had slept for six hours before climbing behind the wheel of her Mercedes car. Her lawyer told judges the pop star has apologized for her "exceptionally silly" behavior.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media