Amelle Berrabah Banned From Driving and Hit With Fine for DUI
Sugababes star Amelle Berrabah has been banned from the roads for 14 months and hit with a $3,000 fine after she admitted drink-driving. The singer was traveling through north London early in the morning of September 23 when her vehicle was stopped by police.
A breath-test was carried out at the roadside and Berrabah was found to be over the legal alcohol limit for driving in the U.K. She attended London's Highbury Corner Magistrates Court on Friday, October 8 and pleaded guilty to driving with excess alcohol.
Berrabah had been to a party the night before the incident and had slept for six hours before climbing behind the wheel of her Mercedes car. Her lawyer told judges the pop star has apologized for her "exceptionally silly" behavior.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly