Amelle Berrabah Banned From Driving and Hit With Fine for DUI
Sugababes star Amelle Berrabah has been banned from the roads for 14 months and hit with a $3,000 fine after she admitted drink-driving. The singer was traveling through north London early in the morning of September 23 when her vehicle was stopped by police.
A breath-test was carried out at the roadside and Berrabah was found to be over the legal alcohol limit for driving in the U.K. She attended London's Highbury Corner Magistrates Court on Friday, October 8 and pleaded guilty to driving with excess alcohol.
Berrabah had been to a party the night before the incident and had slept for six hours before climbing behind the wheel of her Mercedes car. Her lawyer told judges the pop star has apologized for her "exceptionally silly" behavior.
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch
- Justin Bieber Previews New Song 'Close to You'
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- They Don't Belong Together. James Packer Dumps Mariah Carey Over Her 'Excessive Spending'
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump