Amelle Berrabah Banned From Driving and Hit With Fine for DUI
Sugababes star Amelle Berrabah has been banned from the roads for 14 months and hit with a $3,000 fine after she admitted drink-driving. The singer was traveling through north London early in the morning of September 23 when her vehicle was stopped by police.
A breath-test was carried out at the roadside and Berrabah was found to be over the legal alcohol limit for driving in the U.K. She attended London's Highbury Corner Magistrates Court on Friday, October 8 and pleaded guilty to driving with excess alcohol.
Berrabah had been to a party the night before the incident and had slept for six hours before climbing behind the wheel of her Mercedes car. Her lawyer told judges the pop star has apologized for her "exceptionally silly" behavior.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'