The Ting Tings Explain U.S. Tour Cancellation
The Ting Tings singer Katie White has opened up after canceling the band's North American tour due to illness, insisting she knew the duo should have "stopped earlier". White and bandmate Jules de Martino were forced to scrap their trek last December after the singer was diagnosed with exhaustion, stemming from the group's manic schedule.
The star admits she was reluctant to stop performing any earlier for fear of letting their fans down - but White knew when her body had had enough. She tells Britain's The Sun, "I was so tired and lost so much weight. I kept getting chest infections and I was on antibiotics and steroids. My body was like, 'Okay, screw you, you've pushed me too hard'."
"We should've stopped earlier but when there were 10,000 kids in Japan who want to see you, you can't let them down because you don't know when you'll be there again. The traveling was so exhausting, it overshadowed having a number one record. There were times when we didn't know where we were going next."
De Martino adds, "It was a blur and we were holding on for dear life."
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say