David Beckham's Salary Drops by $3 Million
Soccer ace David Beckham has taken a pay cut of almost $3 million after his company's profits plunged. New figures for Footwork Productions show that turnover has fallen from $23.2 million in 2005 to $17.1 million this year.
The Los Angeles Galaxy star paid himself a salary of $16.2 million in 2009 but due to the decline in profits, he received only $13.5 million this year, according to documents obtained by Britain's Daily Mirror. But, despite a drop in worth of $37.5 million, Beckham is still valued at $150 million.
Beckham's source of income in fact can come from unusual places. The soccer ace who is accused of an affair with a hooker, said he would donate the lawsuit of $7.5 million to a children's charity if he wins the case.
More David Beckham News
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album