Russell Brand to Avoid Charges in Paparazzi Scuffle
British funnyman Russell Brand is set to avoid charges over his recent arrest in Los Angeles. The comic was detained by police at Los Angeles International Airport last month following an alleged clash with a photographer. He was charged with battery and released on $20,000 bail.
Brand insisted he was defending fiancee Katy Perry from an over-zealous snapper but American immigration officials revealed they were investigating the situation and could revoke his visa over the incident. But the "Get Him to the Greek" star looks likely to avoid charges if he attends a court hearing along with the paparazzo on November 19, to receive a reprimand from a judge.
L.A. City Attorney's Office spokesman Frank Mateljan tells E! News, "This is the only action as of now. Based on the info (information), it has been determined that this is the most appropriate action at this time."
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!