Russell Brand to Avoid Charges in Paparazzi Scuffle
British funnyman Russell Brand is set to avoid charges over his recent arrest in Los Angeles. The comic was detained by police at Los Angeles International Airport last month following an alleged clash with a photographer. He was charged with battery and released on $20,000 bail.
Brand insisted he was defending fiancee Katy Perry from an over-zealous snapper but American immigration officials revealed they were investigating the situation and could revoke his visa over the incident. But the "Get Him to the Greek" star looks likely to avoid charges if he attends a court hearing along with the paparazzo on November 19, to receive a reprimand from a judge.
L.A. City Attorney's Office spokesman Frank Mateljan tells E! News, "This is the only action as of now. Based on the info (information), it has been determined that this is the most appropriate action at this time."
- Amanda Seyfried and Husband Thomas Sadoski Welcome Their First Child
- Orlando Bloom's Holiday Companion Kristy Hinze Suffers Nip Slip in St. Barts
- Iggy Azalea Twerks All Over Hong Kong in 'Mo Bounce' Music Video
- Wonder Woman and Cyborg Unleash Their Powers in 'Justice League' New Teasers
- Kanye West Is Spoiling Kim Kardashian With Jewelries, but She 'Won't Wear Any of It'
- Topless Bella Thorne Channels Marilyn Monroe in Sultry Pic
- Kim Kardashian Is Blamed for 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Rating Flop
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser