Russell Brand to Avoid Charges in Paparazzi Scuffle
British funnyman Russell Brand is set to avoid charges over his recent arrest in Los Angeles. The comic was detained by police at Los Angeles International Airport last month following an alleged clash with a photographer. He was charged with battery and released on $20,000 bail.
Brand insisted he was defending fiancee Katy Perry from an over-zealous snapper but American immigration officials revealed they were investigating the situation and could revoke his visa over the incident. But the "Get Him to the Greek" star looks likely to avoid charges if he attends a court hearing along with the paparazzo on November 19, to receive a reprimand from a judge.
L.A. City Attorney's Office spokesman Frank Mateljan tells E! News, "This is the only action as of now. Based on the info (information), it has been determined that this is the most appropriate action at this time."
- Kim Kardashian Shares How Paris Robbery Has Changed Her Life
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'
- Scott Disick Once Asked Kourtney to Marry Him With a Ring but They 'Never Spoke About It Again'
- Hailee Steinfeld Releases EDM-Tinged Song 'Most Girls' in Full
- New 'Gotham' Photo Sparks Speculation That Barbara Is Harley Quinn
- 'America's Got Talent' Books Laverne Cox as Guest Judge for Season 12