Russell Brand to Avoid Charges in Paparazzi Scuffle
British funnyman Russell Brand is set to avoid charges over his recent arrest in Los Angeles. The comic was detained by police at Los Angeles International Airport last month following an alleged clash with a photographer. He was charged with battery and released on $20,000 bail.
Brand insisted he was defending fiancee Katy Perry from an over-zealous snapper but American immigration officials revealed they were investigating the situation and could revoke his visa over the incident. But the "Get Him to the Greek" star looks likely to avoid charges if he attends a court hearing along with the paparazzo on November 19, to receive a reprimand from a judge.
L.A. City Attorney's Office spokesman Frank Mateljan tells E! News, "This is the only action as of now. Based on the info (information), it has been determined that this is the most appropriate action at this time."
More Russell Brand News
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth