Drake Finds It Hard to Always Have Bodyguards Following His Move
Rapper Drake has been forced to keep security close by wherever he goes after a few "scary" encounters with fans and members of the public. The "Best I Ever Had" hitmaker has enjoyed a rapid rise to fame since signing to Lil Wayne's Young Money record label, but he is still adjusting to his changing lifestyle.
In an interview with U.S. newswoman Katie Couric, he says, "I must say that it is all surreal to me on a daily basis... I remember it like yesterday that I used to drive by myself in my Acura and was able to go anywhere, to the mall by myself. The way you end up missing anonymity is very interesting."
And Drake can't get used to having bodyguards follow his every move. He adds, "The weirdest part is always having to have security. Sometimes I just want to hop in a cab, or walk up the street and get an iced tea or something by myself. Then it comes a time where you do it and sometimes you realize why you shouldn't (try to go alone) whether, it (being) bombarded with pictures, or where it's more negative. I've had situations where things have happened. People have tried to get at me in ways where it's a little scary. And you realize you do need that security around you."
The hip-hop star failed to pinpoint specific incidents but his admission comes one week after a bodyguard working for Drake was accused of punching a fan at a concert in Florida. Jeremis Soriano claimed he was hit in the face as he attempted to approach the rapper at a nightclub in Jacksonville. Police have opened an investigation into the case.
More Drake News
- DJ Snake Unveils Snippet of Selena Gomez's Version of 'Let Me Love You'
- Britney Spears Calls James Corden 'So Dirty' in Sneak Peek of Their Carpool Karaoke
- Blac Chyna Sued Over Car Crash Caused by Her Friend
- Tyga Ordered to Pay Another Former Landlord $186,000 for Damages
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'