Drake Finds It Hard to Always Have Bodyguards Following His Move
Rapper Drake has been forced to keep security close by wherever he goes after a few "scary" encounters with fans and members of the public. The "Best I Ever Had" hitmaker has enjoyed a rapid rise to fame since signing to Lil Wayne's Young Money record label, but he is still adjusting to his changing lifestyle.
In an interview with U.S. newswoman Katie Couric, he says, "I must say that it is all surreal to me on a daily basis... I remember it like yesterday that I used to drive by myself in my Acura and was able to go anywhere, to the mall by myself. The way you end up missing anonymity is very interesting."
And Drake can't get used to having bodyguards follow his every move. He adds, "The weirdest part is always having to have security. Sometimes I just want to hop in a cab, or walk up the street and get an iced tea or something by myself. Then it comes a time where you do it and sometimes you realize why you shouldn't (try to go alone) whether, it (being) bombarded with pictures, or where it's more negative. I've had situations where things have happened. People have tried to get at me in ways where it's a little scary. And you realize you do need that security around you."
The hip-hop star failed to pinpoint specific incidents but his admission comes one week after a bodyguard working for Drake was accused of punching a fan at a concert in Florida. Jeremis Soriano claimed he was hit in the face as he attempted to approach the rapper at a nightclub in Jacksonville. Police have opened an investigation into the case.
More Drake News
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up
- Steve Harvey Announces Daughter's Engagement Amid Career Mess
- 'The Walking Dead': Negan Will Be Missing Several Episodes of Season 8
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Make a Pact to Stay Civil for the Kids
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 14 Continues With New York Auditions
- Kelly Osbourne Pees Herself After Denied Entry to Starbucks