Chris Brown Talks About Failed Tour Plan With Usher
R&B singer Chris Brown bears no grudge against Usher after plans for a joint tour fell apart over the summer and still hopes to "work something out" for the future. Record producer Bryan-Michael Cox, who created hits for both stars, made a premature announcement in August when he took to the internet and claimed the pair was teaming up for a new trek.
The "Kiss Kiss" hitmaker fueled the rumors by asking fans' opinions about a possible double tour on his Twitter.com blog, only for Usher's management to shoot down the reports, insisting, "There are no plans for Usher and Brown to tour together." Brown has now told of his disappointment about the cancellation in an interview with New York's Hot 97 radio station, but he is adamant there was no fall out between the singers.
He tells DJ Angie Martinez, "We kinda had different views on the tour - no beef. We both have two different promoters, so whoever would get the tour would have to work it out and I think they didn't see eye-to-eye. I think we rushed into it. We were in love with the idea more than the actual (business part of it). We couldn't get ready for it. Hopefully in the future, we might work something out."
However, Brown was quick to add that he didn't consider Usher a "friend" - because he quickly learned who he could depend on in the aftermath of his assault on ex-girlfriend Rihanna in February 2009. He says, "I'm cordial and that's with everybody. I don't have friends in this industry. I have my circle and I have my people who've been with me through the bad times and the good times. Everybody else is just wallpaper."
More Chris Brown News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby