Phil Collins Explains Why He Did Cover Album
Phil Collins has defended his decision to release an album of cover songs, insisting he has been "waiting all his professional life" to record the tracks. The rocker last month reached the top of the U.K. charts with his latest album "Going Back", a compilation of his take on classic Motown hits, but he's shrugged off suggestions he only recorded the project after running out of new ideas for original material.
He tells the Associated Press, "For me, it's not an album that suggests that I'm drying up. I mean, there was a review that I saw for a Peter Gabriel album. The reviewer said that it's what normally happens when artists get to a certain age, they start drying up with material and they start to cover other people's material."
"Well, I object, your honor. I've kind of being doing Motown stuff... so for me this has been an album that's been waiting to come out, waiting to be done, all my professional life."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked