Phil Collins Explains Why He Did Cover Album
Phil Collins has defended his decision to release an album of cover songs, insisting he has been "waiting all his professional life" to record the tracks. The rocker last month reached the top of the U.K. charts with his latest album "Going Back", a compilation of his take on classic Motown hits, but he's shrugged off suggestions he only recorded the project after running out of new ideas for original material.
He tells the Associated Press, "For me, it's not an album that suggests that I'm drying up. I mean, there was a review that I saw for a Peter Gabriel album. The reviewer said that it's what normally happens when artists get to a certain age, they start drying up with material and they start to cover other people's material."
"Well, I object, your honor. I've kind of being doing Motown stuff... so for me this has been an album that's been waiting to come out, waiting to be done, all my professional life."
More Phil Collins News
- Report: Friends Fear for Lisa Rinna's Life as She Takes Pills to Stay Thin
- Gwyneth Paltrow Talks Anal Sex: 'It's Practically Standard in the Modern Bedroom Repertoire'
- Fashion Fail! Caitlyn Jenner Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction as She Exposes Her Bra in Sheer Top
- Amy Schumer Drops Out of 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR
- Mariah Carey Plans to Throw More 'Subtle Shade' at Nicki Minaj