Weezer Will Do 'Deluxe Break-Up' for $20 Million
Weezer have responded to an online campaign to stop them from releasing another album, insisting they'll retire if anti-fans come up with $20 million. James Burns wants to silence the band by paying them off and he's embarked on a bid to raise $10 million to split the group.
Burns claims the "Buddy Holly" rockers have failed to live up to their 1996 album 'Pinkerton" and he's taking his crusade online to find followers around the world. The band is taking the campaign in its stride - with drummer Patrick Wilson joking they'll consider an inflated offer.
In a post on Twitter.com, he writes: "If they can make it 20 (million), we'll do the deluxe breakup."
When launching the fund-raising effort, James Burns said, "I have never been a fan of this band. I think that they are pretty much horrible, and always have been. But this isn't about me. This is about the Weezer fans."
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her