Weezer Will Do 'Deluxe Break-Up' for $20 Million
Weezer have responded to an online campaign to stop them from releasing another album, insisting they'll retire if anti-fans come up with $20 million. James Burns wants to silence the band by paying them off and he's embarked on a bid to raise $10 million to split the group.
Burns claims the "Buddy Holly" rockers have failed to live up to their 1996 album 'Pinkerton" and he's taking his crusade online to find followers around the world. The band is taking the campaign in its stride - with drummer Patrick Wilson joking they'll consider an inflated offer.
In a post on Twitter.com, he writes: "If they can make it 20 (million), we'll do the deluxe breakup."
When launching the fund-raising effort, James Burns said, "I have never been a fan of this band. I think that they are pretty much horrible, and always have been. But this isn't about me. This is about the Weezer fans."
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective