Weezer Will Do 'Deluxe Break-Up' for $20 Million
Weezer have responded to an online campaign to stop them from releasing another album, insisting they'll retire if anti-fans come up with $20 million. James Burns wants to silence the band by paying them off and he's embarked on a bid to raise $10 million to split the group.
Burns claims the "Buddy Holly" rockers have failed to live up to their 1996 album 'Pinkerton" and he's taking his crusade online to find followers around the world. The band is taking the campaign in its stride - with drummer Patrick Wilson joking they'll consider an inflated offer.
In a post on Twitter.com, he writes: "If they can make it 20 (million), we'll do the deluxe breakup."
When launching the fund-raising effort, James Burns said, "I have never been a fan of this band. I think that they are pretty much horrible, and always have been. But this isn't about me. This is about the Weezer fans."
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'
- Anna Kendrick: 'I'd Be Terrible at Being Like Taylor Swift'
- This Is Your First Look at Gillian Anderson on 'American Gods'
- Tyga Caught With Mystery Blonde Following Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Her Naked Butt in Promotional Images for 'Body Say'
- Jonah Hill and Miles Teller Are Pro Money in New 'War Dogs' Trailer