Weezer Will Do 'Deluxe Break-Up' for $20 Million
Weezer have responded to an online campaign to stop them from releasing another album, insisting they'll retire if anti-fans come up with $20 million. James Burns wants to silence the band by paying them off and he's embarked on a bid to raise $10 million to split the group.
Burns claims the "Buddy Holly" rockers have failed to live up to their 1996 album 'Pinkerton" and he's taking his crusade online to find followers around the world. The band is taking the campaign in its stride - with drummer Patrick Wilson joking they'll consider an inflated offer.
In a post on Twitter.com, he writes: "If they can make it 20 (million), we'll do the deluxe breakup."
When launching the fund-raising effort, James Burns said, "I have never been a fan of this band. I think that they are pretty much horrible, and always have been. But this isn't about me. This is about the Weezer fans."
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift