Natalie Mejia Escapes Jail After Pleading Guilty to Drug Charge
U.S. pop star Natalie Mejia has escaped jail after pleading guilty to a drugs charge stemming from an arrest in March. The singer, who shot to fame after appearing in The Pussycat Dolls reality TV show Girlicious, was pulled over for speeding in Glendale, California and later arrested after cops searched the car and allegedly found a dozen bags of cocaine in her handbag.
Mejia was charged with felony drug possession, despite insisting she had no idea how the bags had made their way into her purse. She maintained her innocence during a hearing in April, but at an appearance in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Wednesday, October 6, Mejia changed her plea to guilty, according to TMZ.com.
However, the charge will be wiped from her record if the singer stays out of police trouble for the next 18 months.
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo
- 'T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle' Is Renewed for Season 6 Amid Their Divorce Drama
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Cozying Up to Mystery Brunette Days Before Katy Perry Split