Natalie Mejia Escapes Jail After Pleading Guilty to Drug Charge
U.S. pop star Natalie Mejia has escaped jail after pleading guilty to a drugs charge stemming from an arrest in March. The singer, who shot to fame after appearing in The Pussycat Dolls reality TV show Girlicious, was pulled over for speeding in Glendale, California and later arrested after cops searched the car and allegedly found a dozen bags of cocaine in her handbag.
Mejia was charged with felony drug possession, despite insisting she had no idea how the bags had made their way into her purse. She maintained her innocence during a hearing in April, but at an appearance in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Wednesday, October 6, Mejia changed her plea to guilty, according to TMZ.com.
However, the charge will be wiped from her record if the singer stays out of police trouble for the next 18 months.
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise
- Bella Hadid Goes Braless in Completely Sheer Top. See the Eye-Popping Pics
- Find Out Who Will Be Godparents to George and Amal Clooney's Twins
- Jackie Evancho Delivers Live Performance of National Anthem at Donald Trump's Inauguration
- Emily Ratajkowski Strips Down to Lacy Lingerie on Streets for DKNY Campaign
- Angelina Jolie Loses Her Team's Trust Amid Brad Pitt Custody War
- 'Cult of Chucky' Image Offers First Look at the Murderous Doll With No Head