Natalie Mejia Escapes Jail After Pleading Guilty to Drug Charge
U.S. pop star Natalie Mejia has escaped jail after pleading guilty to a drugs charge stemming from an arrest in March. The singer, who shot to fame after appearing in The Pussycat Dolls reality TV show Girlicious, was pulled over for speeding in Glendale, California and later arrested after cops searched the car and allegedly found a dozen bags of cocaine in her handbag.
Mejia was charged with felony drug possession, despite insisting she had no idea how the bags had made their way into her purse. She maintained her innocence during a hearing in April, but at an appearance in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Wednesday, October 6, Mejia changed her plea to guilty, according to TMZ.com.
However, the charge will be wiped from her record if the singer stays out of police trouble for the next 18 months.
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'