Natalie Mejia Escapes Jail After Pleading Guilty to Drug Charge
U.S. pop star Natalie Mejia has escaped jail after pleading guilty to a drugs charge stemming from an arrest in March. The singer, who shot to fame after appearing in The Pussycat Dolls reality TV show Girlicious, was pulled over for speeding in Glendale, California and later arrested after cops searched the car and allegedly found a dozen bags of cocaine in her handbag.
Mejia was charged with felony drug possession, despite insisting she had no idea how the bags had made their way into her purse. She maintained her innocence during a hearing in April, but at an appearance in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Wednesday, October 6, Mejia changed her plea to guilty, according to TMZ.com.
However, the charge will be wiped from her record if the singer stays out of police trouble for the next 18 months.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences