Natalie Mejia Escapes Jail After Pleading Guilty to Drug Charge
U.S. pop star Natalie Mejia has escaped jail after pleading guilty to a drugs charge stemming from an arrest in March. The singer, who shot to fame after appearing in The Pussycat Dolls reality TV show Girlicious, was pulled over for speeding in Glendale, California and later arrested after cops searched the car and allegedly found a dozen bags of cocaine in her handbag.
Mejia was charged with felony drug possession, despite insisting she had no idea how the bags had made their way into her purse. She maintained her innocence during a hearing in April, but at an appearance in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Wednesday, October 6, Mejia changed her plea to guilty, according to TMZ.com.
However, the charge will be wiped from her record if the singer stays out of police trouble for the next 18 months.
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis