Kathryn Joosten Slams 'Mad Men' Producers
"Desperate Housewives" actress Kathryn Joosten has taken aim at the producers of "Mad Men" for the heavy use of smoking in the period TV hit. Former smoker Joosten quit after she was diagnosed with lung cancer in 2001, and, after battling the disease for a second time in 2008, she has become a fervent anti-cigarette activist.
The actress, who plays Karen McClusky on "Desperate Housewives", has called for Mad Men bosses to either cut down on the on-screen smoking or stick a disclaimer in the credits of the show, which is set in the New York advertising agency world of the 1960s, warning fans of the hazards of nicotine.
She says, "They should at least have a disclaimer at the front of the show saying smoking is relevant to the time and place... and it's not recommended because it causes cancer."
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia