Kathryn Joosten Slams 'Mad Men' Producers
"Desperate Housewives" actress Kathryn Joosten has taken aim at the producers of "Mad Men" for the heavy use of smoking in the period TV hit. Former smoker Joosten quit after she was diagnosed with lung cancer in 2001, and, after battling the disease for a second time in 2008, she has become a fervent anti-cigarette activist.
The actress, who plays Karen McClusky on "Desperate Housewives", has called for Mad Men bosses to either cut down on the on-screen smoking or stick a disclaimer in the credits of the show, which is set in the New York advertising agency world of the 1960s, warning fans of the hazards of nicotine.
She says, "They should at least have a disclaimer at the front of the show saying smoking is relevant to the time and place... and it's not recommended because it causes cancer."
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video