Dionne Warwick Mourns for Goddaughter's Tragic Death
Soul singer Dionne Warwick is in mourning after learning about the brutal death of her pregnant goddaughter. Leiah Jackson, 27, was just two weeks short of a full-term pregnancy when she was attacked outside her home in Missouri City, Texas and stabbed 22 times on September 26.
The victim stumbled to her mother's home nearby and was airlifted to hospital - but she and her unborn baby died hours later. Local police have revealed Jackson's fiance, Yancey Daniels, also lost his life - he was shot to death the night before Warwick's goddaughter was attacked.
A family friend tells America's Globe, "Leiah's passing leaves a huge hole in Dionne's heart... Initially she didn't believe the news and was stunned when she heard the gruesome details... Dionne just cried for hours. Dionne watched over Leiah her whole life, sent her birthday presents every year, and kept in close contact with her."
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- Rihanna, Beyonce and More Thank Barack and Michelle Obama With Adorable Posts
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day