Dionne Warwick Mourns for Goddaughter's Tragic Death
Soul singer Dionne Warwick is in mourning after learning about the brutal death of her pregnant goddaughter. Leiah Jackson, 27, was just two weeks short of a full-term pregnancy when she was attacked outside her home in Missouri City, Texas and stabbed 22 times on September 26.
The victim stumbled to her mother's home nearby and was airlifted to hospital - but she and her unborn baby died hours later. Local police have revealed Jackson's fiance, Yancey Daniels, also lost his life - he was shot to death the night before Warwick's goddaughter was attacked.
A family friend tells America's Globe, "Leiah's passing leaves a huge hole in Dionne's heart... Initially she didn't believe the news and was stunned when she heard the gruesome details... Dionne just cried for hours. Dionne watched over Leiah her whole life, sent her birthday presents every year, and kept in close contact with her."
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season