Dionne Warwick Mourns for Goddaughter's Tragic Death
Soul singer Dionne Warwick is in mourning after learning about the brutal death of her pregnant goddaughter. Leiah Jackson, 27, was just two weeks short of a full-term pregnancy when she was attacked outside her home in Missouri City, Texas and stabbed 22 times on September 26.
The victim stumbled to her mother's home nearby and was airlifted to hospital - but she and her unborn baby died hours later. Local police have revealed Jackson's fiance, Yancey Daniels, also lost his life - he was shot to death the night before Warwick's goddaughter was attacked.
A family friend tells America's Globe, "Leiah's passing leaves a huge hole in Dionne's heart... Initially she didn't believe the news and was stunned when she heard the gruesome details... Dionne just cried for hours. Dionne watched over Leiah her whole life, sent her birthday presents every year, and kept in close contact with her."
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie