Dionne Warwick Mourns for Goddaughter's Tragic Death
Soul singer Dionne Warwick is in mourning after learning about the brutal death of her pregnant goddaughter. Leiah Jackson, 27, was just two weeks short of a full-term pregnancy when she was attacked outside her home in Missouri City, Texas and stabbed 22 times on September 26.
The victim stumbled to her mother's home nearby and was airlifted to hospital - but she and her unborn baby died hours later. Local police have revealed Jackson's fiance, Yancey Daniels, also lost his life - he was shot to death the night before Warwick's goddaughter was attacked.
A family friend tells America's Globe, "Leiah's passing leaves a huge hole in Dionne's heart... Initially she didn't believe the news and was stunned when she heard the gruesome details... Dionne just cried for hours. Dionne watched over Leiah her whole life, sent her birthday presents every year, and kept in close contact with her."
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake