Dionne Warwick Mourns for Goddaughter's Tragic Death
Soul singer Dionne Warwick is in mourning after learning about the brutal death of her pregnant goddaughter. Leiah Jackson, 27, was just two weeks short of a full-term pregnancy when she was attacked outside her home in Missouri City, Texas and stabbed 22 times on September 26.
The victim stumbled to her mother's home nearby and was airlifted to hospital - but she and her unborn baby died hours later. Local police have revealed Jackson's fiance, Yancey Daniels, also lost his life - he was shot to death the night before Warwick's goddaughter was attacked.
A family friend tells America's Globe, "Leiah's passing leaves a huge hole in Dionne's heart... Initially she didn't believe the news and was stunned when she heard the gruesome details... Dionne just cried for hours. Dionne watched over Leiah her whole life, sent her birthday presents every year, and kept in close contact with her."
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Debuts Chilling Motion Poster
- T.I. Confronts Tiny About Alleged Floyd Mayweather Affair
- Orlando Bloom 'Apologizes' to Waitress Who Was Fired After Their 'Night of Incredible Sex'
- Meek Mill Celebrates Birthday on Private Jet in 'Glow Up' Music Video
- 'The Predator' and 'Alita: Battle Angel' Promo Posters Are Spotted at Licensing Expo
- Nicki Minaj Finally Responds to Nas Dating Rumors: We've Had Sleepovers
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Is Among Netflix's June 2017 Movie and TV Titles
- Bella Hadid Risks Wardrobe Malfunction in Sexy Black Gown With Sky-High Slit