Teddy Pendergrass' Son and Widow Quietly Fighting Over His Assets
The son and widow of late R&B singer Teddy Pendergrass are locked in a battle for control over the legend's estate. Teddy Pendergrass II and the singer's second wife, Joan Pendergrass, have produced conflicting wills since the crooner died of colon cancer last January, and they've been quietly fighting for control of his assets, reports The Philadelphia Inquirer.
Pendergrass II claims a will dated May 2009 names him as executor and sole beneficiary, while Joan Pendergrass, who married the singer in 2008, claims a later document, on which she signed her name as the singer's attorney, gives her control. Attorneys for both sides met with a judge last week but failed to reach a compromise.
Pendergrass' legacy has been marred by financial woes following his death. A bank foreclosed on his Penn Valley, Pennsylvania home over the summer and the property is slated for to go up for sale in November. There is also an outstanding car loan and a pending lawsuit by a former songwriting partner.
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch