Teddy Pendergrass' Son and Widow Quietly Fighting Over His Assets
The son and widow of late R&B singer Teddy Pendergrass are locked in a battle for control over the legend's estate. Teddy Pendergrass II and the singer's second wife, Joan Pendergrass, have produced conflicting wills since the crooner died of colon cancer last January, and they've been quietly fighting for control of his assets, reports The Philadelphia Inquirer.
Pendergrass II claims a will dated May 2009 names him as executor and sole beneficiary, while Joan Pendergrass, who married the singer in 2008, claims a later document, on which she signed her name as the singer's attorney, gives her control. Attorneys for both sides met with a judge last week but failed to reach a compromise.
Pendergrass' legacy has been marred by financial woes following his death. A bank foreclosed on his Penn Valley, Pennsylvania home over the summer and the property is slated for to go up for sale in November. There is also an outstanding car loan and a pending lawsuit by a former songwriting partner.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7