Teddy Pendergrass' Son and Widow Quietly Fighting Over His Assets
The son and widow of late R&B singer Teddy Pendergrass are locked in a battle for control over the legend's estate. Teddy Pendergrass II and the singer's second wife, Joan Pendergrass, have produced conflicting wills since the crooner died of colon cancer last January, and they've been quietly fighting for control of his assets, reports The Philadelphia Inquirer.
Pendergrass II claims a will dated May 2009 names him as executor and sole beneficiary, while Joan Pendergrass, who married the singer in 2008, claims a later document, on which she signed her name as the singer's attorney, gives her control. Attorneys for both sides met with a judge last week but failed to reach a compromise.
Pendergrass' legacy has been marred by financial woes following his death. A bank foreclosed on his Penn Valley, Pennsylvania home over the summer and the property is slated for to go up for sale in November. There is also an outstanding car loan and a pending lawsuit by a former songwriting partner.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers