Teddy Pendergrass' Son and Widow Quietly Fighting Over His Assets
The son and widow of late R&B singer Teddy Pendergrass are locked in a battle for control over the legend's estate. Teddy Pendergrass II and the singer's second wife, Joan Pendergrass, have produced conflicting wills since the crooner died of colon cancer last January, and they've been quietly fighting for control of his assets, reports The Philadelphia Inquirer.
Pendergrass II claims a will dated May 2009 names him as executor and sole beneficiary, while Joan Pendergrass, who married the singer in 2008, claims a later document, on which she signed her name as the singer's attorney, gives her control. Attorneys for both sides met with a judge last week but failed to reach a compromise.
Pendergrass' legacy has been marred by financial woes following his death. A bank foreclosed on his Penn Valley, Pennsylvania home over the summer and the property is slated for to go up for sale in November. There is also an outstanding car loan and a pending lawsuit by a former songwriting partner.
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Stan Lee Supports Zendaya to Portray Mary Jane in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds