Oksana Grigorieva Refused Mel Gibson's Cash Deal for Daughter's Safety
Mel Gibson's ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva reneged on a $15 million deal to put an end to their bitter custody battle because she refused to give the actor joint custody of their baby when she believed he was "unstable". The couple split in April but the break-up turned nasty when the Russian singer accused Gibson of beating her and knocking out two of her teeth during a violent argument in January.
Grigorieva taped phone arguments between the pair and was rumored to have been offered the multi-million dollar sum by Gibson's legal team to settle the custody fight over their baby daughter Lucia and keep the news of the audio footage secret. However, the tapes subsequently leaked online - and now Grigorieva has spoken out to address claims she's holding out for more cash, insisting her reasons for walking away from the deal go deeper than the balance of her bank account.
Grigorieva tells People magazine, "He basically offered to settle it (custody dispute)... (but) the $15 million was a proposal that I walked away from because he was wanting 50 per cent custody of an infant when he's unstable. I feared I would never be able to prove that the tapes are accurate and not doctored." In the same candid interview, the singer alleges Gibson's personal troubles stem from his days of alcoholism, insisting he's in need of treatment to rid him of his "old dry drunk rage".
In another news, Oksana Grigorieva claims she had no idea the bodyguard she hired to protect her safety was a convicted felon until lawyers for her ex-boyfriend Mel Gibson filed for a restraining order against the criminal. The "Braveheart" star raised concerns about Kristian Otto Herzog being around little Lucia after learning he had just been released from jail for firearms offenses in March and was on probation.
His legal team won a court request on Monday, October 4 to ban Herzog, who also had another prior gun conviction, from going anywhere near the tot following the crime revelations. But Grigorieva insists she was unaware of the threat the security guard posed to her baby girl and she has now cut all contact with him.
Opening up about the restraining order to People magazine, she says, "He was somebody that was supportive of me. I didn't know anything about (his criminal record). I'm withdrawing any communication with him." The restraining order is the latest in Gibson and Grigorieva's ongoing custody battle over baby Lucia following their split earlier this year.
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video