Nadja Benaissa Thought Ex-Partner Responsible for Catching HIV
German pop star Nadja Benaissa has risked further scandal by suggesting a former lover who she infected with HIV is responsible for catching the virus. In August, the "No Angels" star was handed a two-year suspended sentence after she was convicted of transmitting HIV to an ex-partner.
During her trial in Darmstadt, Germany, she apologized for her actions, telling the court, "I am sorry from the bottom of my heart. I would love to turn back the clock, but I can't." But during an appearance on German talk show Beckhmann on Monday, October 4, Benaissa prompted outrage by suggesting the unnamed man should share the blame for catching the virus.
She said, "As you know that this disease exists and that it is possible to become infected, actually you are kind of responsible for taking precautions that something like this cannot happen - that this cannot happen to yourself."
Benaissa was found guilty of causing bodily harm to the man, who caught the deadly virus after she failed to tell him about her condition during a brief romance in 2004. She was also convicted of two charges of attempted bodily harm relating to other partners. She was handed a two-year suspended sentence and ordered to complete 300 hours of community service.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'