Nadja Benaissa Thought Ex-Partner Responsible for Catching HIV
German pop star Nadja Benaissa has risked further scandal by suggesting a former lover who she infected with HIV is responsible for catching the virus. In August, the "No Angels" star was handed a two-year suspended sentence after she was convicted of transmitting HIV to an ex-partner.
During her trial in Darmstadt, Germany, she apologized for her actions, telling the court, "I am sorry from the bottom of my heart. I would love to turn back the clock, but I can't." But during an appearance on German talk show Beckhmann on Monday, October 4, Benaissa prompted outrage by suggesting the unnamed man should share the blame for catching the virus.
She said, "As you know that this disease exists and that it is possible to become infected, actually you are kind of responsible for taking precautions that something like this cannot happen - that this cannot happen to yourself."
Benaissa was found guilty of causing bodily harm to the man, who caught the deadly virus after she failed to tell him about her condition during a brief romance in 2004. She was also convicted of two charges of attempted bodily harm relating to other partners. She was handed a two-year suspended sentence and ordered to complete 300 hours of community service.
- Colton Haynes and Fiance Jeff Leatham Get Engaged Again. See Their Matching Rings
- The Weeknd Teams Up With Drake to Perform 'Crew Love' at Toronto Show for the First Time in 3 Years
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are House-Hunting in Norfolk
- Emmy Rossum and 'Mr. Robot' Creator Sam Esmail Tie the Knot in Intimate Ceremony. See the Pics!
- Caitlyn Jenner Says She's Never 'Entirely Comfortable' Having Sex With Kris
- 'Logan Lucky' First Trailer: Channing Tatum, Daniel Craig and Adam Driver Plan a Heist
- Sofia Richie Shuts Down Scott Disick Dating Rumors: We Are Just 'Homies'
- Pictures of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews' Tropical Honeymoon Surface